ADVERTISEMENT

Quick take on Stoops

bluecoon1

Senior
Jul 18, 2017
Just watching his body language I don’t think he wants to be here anymore or maybe finished with coaching in general. He’s talked about the struggles with NIL, tried to bolt to school with better resources, and not making smart in-game decisions. No matter how this season goes it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him negotiate a buyout and retire.

Lol unreal 13-12 to Georgia? The greatest program maybe of all time? At least in regards to consecutive reg seasons wins they could be eventually.
Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Nice resume builder tonight outside looking in. They’ll be plenty of openings at end of year.
Hopefully this fool’s gold moral victory will trick someone into hiring him like they did with Cal. Barnhart isn’t likely serious enough about winning like other SEC AD’s to fire him. It will probably take a 3 win season where no one shows up to the last game to force his hand.

And they’re all Kentucky fans. The same ones that people believe don’t know crap about football, too

Let those of us that actually know football have intelligent conversations
Read the post after yours. Stoops is the talk of the nation tonight. Fans and media across the country talking how big of a coward he is and they’re right. Your decision lost the game so I’d just shut up if I were you.

Read the post after yours. Stoops is the talk of the nation tonight. Fans and media across the country talking how big of a coward he is and they’re right. Your decision lost the game so I’d just shut up if I were you.
That decision did not lose the game. What would you have said WHEN he went for it and didn’t get it?

It’s a losing situation for Stoops, but he made the right call. I don’t think most football fans feel the way the previous poster said, either

Enjoy those moral victories, we’ve had more than our share.
Moral victories are for losers. But there’s something to be said about avoiding total disaster today because I was expecting 35-6. Turns out we have a pulse and the ability to improve from one week to the next.

And they’re all Kentucky fans. The same ones that people believe don’t know crap about football, too

Let those of us that actually know football have intelligent conversations
Ok Lombardi. Your at home, your 24.5 point dogs, your down by 1 at midfield with 3 minutes to play. Your defense, while they have played their ass off has forced only 1 GA punt the entire 2nd half which was mainly due to a botched snap. The chances of holding GA deep in their territory are slim to none and if we get the ball back we will likely have little time remaining with no timeouts left. Why not take a chance there to make a play to put yourself in position to win the game? Why is the smart play to turn it over to the Defense and hope you hold without a first down because one is all it really takes and it’s ballgame. Let’s hear your knowledge, I promise you we will all understand, you will not talk over our heads. Now GO!!!!

Moral victories are for losers. But there’s something to be said about avoiding total disaster today because I was expecting 35-6. Turns out we have a pulse and the ability to improve from one week to the next.

And will have 0 impact on end game win total. 6 or 7 wins is best case regardless.

Ok Lombardi. Your at home, your 24.5 point dogs, your down by 1 at midfield with 3 minutes to play. Your defense, while they have played their ass off has forced only 1 GA punt the entire 2nd half which was mainly due to a botched snap. The chances of holding GA deep in their territory are slim to none and if we get the ball back we will likely have little time remaining with no timeouts left. Why not take a chance there to make a play to put yourself in position to win the game? Why is the smart play to turn it over to the Defense and hope you hold without a first down because one is all it really takes and it’s ballgame. Let’s hear your knowledge, I promise you we will all understand, you will not talk over our heads. Now GO!!!!
Because taking the chance puts even more pressure on your tired defense when you don’t get it and you wouldn’t have gotten it then, either. Not to mention, WHEN UGA scores on that drive it eliminates you completely from the game. I think most would be upset if he did go for it and not get it.

It was the right call

Because taking the chance puts even more pressure on your tired defense when you don’t get it and you wouldn’t have gotten it then, either. Not to mention, WHEN UGA scores on that drive it eliminates you completely from the game. I think most would be upset if he did go for it and not get it.

It was the right call
Why is the defense tired? For the past 9 minutes of game action they have been on the field for 3 plays and 1:15.

It still feels like someone telling us “Well, at least you didn’t get punched in both nuts”.

It was the right call
The NFL, punting is the right call, no one will argue with you there. At UK with a big upset on the line, punting is not the right call but if stoops had it to do over again he’d do the exact same chicken shit thing.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
That decision did not lose the game. What would you have said WHEN he went for it and didn’t get it?

It’s a losing situation for Stoops, but he made the right call. I don’t think most football fans feel the way the previous poster said, either
Nobody with an ounce of sense in the Milky Way Galaxy expected us to win this game.

Inferior teams knock off #1 teams by not only making very few mistakes but mainly by making big plays. Kentucky didn’t make a lot of mistakes but we didn’t make the big plays.

Oh and punting at the end of the 1st half with time for one more play is another cowardly play call. But who am I to question a “football genius” like yourself.

It was the right call
It wasn’t the right call. It was a judgement call by Stoops and it failed. It gave us 9 seconds to go 75 yards with no timeouts. We only needed 8 yards to try and milk the clock and kick it for the lead. If we don’t get it then Georgia is just a little closer. The defense would have had a bigger sense of urgency and Georgia would have just tried to milk clock anyways. A Georgia score and we still had a shot to tie or win with more time on the clock. Instead they got to waste 3 minutes of clock and pretty much eliminate our chances.

Why is the defense tired? For the past 9 minutes of game action they have been on the field for 3 plays and 1:15.
Both defenses were tired at the end of that game. That’s typically what happens that late in the game. I believe the announcers even mentioned it, too

It was the right call
HOW do you know we wouldn’t have picked up the first down? We actually moved the ball better than Georgia if you were even watching.

It wasn’t the right call. It was a judgement call by Stoops and it failed. It gave us 9 seconds to go 75 yards with no timeouts. We only needed 8 yards to try and milk the clock and kick it for the lead. If we don’t get it then Georgia is just a little closer. The defense would have had a bigger sense of urgency and Georgia would have just tried to milk clock anyways. A Georgia score and we still had a shot to tie or win with more time on the clock. Instead they got to waste 3 minutes of clock and pretty much eliminate our chances.
It WAS the right call for reasons I mentioned in my previous post. How would you have felt having 9 seconds needing to score ant least 4 instead of 2?

That’s what you would’ve signed up for by going for it on that play. Kentucky would NOT have gotten it and Georgia would’ve at least gotten a FG

Nobody with an ounce of sense in the Milky Way Galaxy expected us to win this game.

Inferior teams knock off #1 teams by not only making very few mistakes but mainly by making big plays. Kentucky didn’t make a lot of mistakes but we didn’t make the big plays.

Oh and punting at the end of the 1st half with time for one more play is another cowardly play call. But who am I to question a “football genius” like yourself.
I wouldn’t argue with you that we didn’t make enough big plays. However that punt wasn’t one of them

It WAS the right call for reasons I mentioned in my previous post. How would you have felt having 9 seconds needing to score ant least 4 instead of 2?

That’s what you would’ve signed up for by going for it on that play. Kentucky would NOT have gotten it and Georgia would’ve at least gotten a FG
UK may not have gotten it, in fact I’ll give it to you that they most likely wouldn’t have. No one here would complain about going for it, probably a lot of complaining about the shitty play call that would have been made but still you have to TRY. Punting there is basically conceding the game which we have seen stoops do on more than one occasion.

UK may not have gotten it, in fact I’ll give it to you that they most likely wouldn’t have. No one here would complain about going for it, probably a lot of complaining about the shitty play call that would have been made but still you have to TRY. Punting there is basically conceding the game which we have seen stoops do on more than one occasion.

Nominated for a “Postie”

MF1175-KIT2-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT