ADVERTISEMENT

Quick review of the game stats . Not a pretty picture

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
Hard to believe but Reed leads the team in points , rebounds and assist ? 25 , 9 and 6 . Dilly goes for 2 points on 1-9 shooting . We got out rebounded 40-39 . We had more TO"s than them .. They took 20 3s to our 8 in half 1. , 31 to 17 for the night . They had a guy come off the bench for 27 points . also had a guy score 11 off the bench .. We got 5 points from the bench . Maybe we are not as deep and as loaded as we think we are ? Yes I know Wagner is out .. but Ugo is nothing more than project , and big Z is pretty untested ( ?? I think )
In Addition they didnt even shoot it very well 43 % from 2 , 35 % from 3 , and a sub par 65 % from the line ... and they still controlled this game for 80-90 % of it . Amazing .
They had 14 2nd chance points , we had 5 . We were out rebounded and didnt come close in 2nd chance points .. hate to say it , but shows severe lack of will power .

And there were things he didn't do, and ways he hurt this team. It was time for both parties to move on.
That Reed Shepperds mom in your avatar ? maybe her image is burned into my mind ? Did you know she played D1 ball and WCS Was a WR in HS ?

I watched Mitchell try to back his man down in the paint at least 10 times today, missing shots, turning the ball over! Cal absolutely tried to go back to pounding the ball inside! We missed countless layups and several wide open threes. Didn’t shoot free throws well. And this is one of the worst defensive teams I can remember! Giving up straight drives to the basket and fouling on top of it!

so a stud 7 footer gets his action today and Reed Sheppard is our leading rebounder

the last thing Cal needs to be talking about is the players needing to learn a lesson
This is a stud 7 footer that faces the basket, is hype as a three point shooter and was hailed as a savior by a fan base that seemed to think he was gold bricking an injury. It was foolish to think he would make a difference coming in. Anyone that thought that neeed to learn a lesson.

Reactions: awf
I watched Mitchell try to back his man down in the paint at least 10 times today, missing shots, turning the ball over! Cal absolutely tried to go back to pounding the ball inside! We missed countless layups and several wide open threes. Didn’t shoot free throws well. And this is one of the worst defensive teams I can remember! Giving up straight drives to the basket and fouling on top of it!
Did we seriously ask too much of Trey tonight?
I'm a Tre fan but how far do we go with him playing like a 2 guard as our center.
Modern basketball or "Warrior ball" is not invincible.
Alabama proved that with the early tourney exit last year and that team was more balanced that this UK team.
We've went from a "black hole" team with Oscar to a "doughnut" team with this group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT