ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Henderson...

Not sure he ever had anyone on staff that would have qualified as a pitching coach other than himself. At least not as a hired coach. Neither Green not Bohannon fit that bill and they were the paid assistants most the time. Vorhoff was the volunteer. Don't think he did much with pitchers either.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I am surprised that someone hasn't snatched him up as an assistant. I don't think I would hire him as a HC at a power 4 conference school (the Big 10 doesn't count when it comes to baseball), but he isn't a bad assistant/pitching coach. Or maybe a HC at a lesser conference school.

I am surprised that someone hasn't snatched him up as an assistant. I don't think I would hire him as a HC at a power 4 conference school (the Big 10 doesn't count when it comes to baseball), but he isn't a bad assistant/pitching coach. Or maybe a HC at a lesser conference school.

I'm kind of torn on him as a pitching coach. We had some dang good pitchers with him, but as a whole his pitching staffs were almost always underwhelming. He was probably above average as a pitching coach, but not elite as he's been made out to be at times.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Yeah, he was the PC as well as the HC. Brian Green was the Hitting C and Offensive Co-ordinator, and when he left for New Mexico State, they brought in the former hitting coach for the Washington Nationals, Mr. Eckstein.

My reference to Henderson as the "pitching guru", was a sarcastic comment addressing how he was described by the local media. Part of his downfall at UK,was team playing uninspired, and woeful pitching,especially in relief !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT