ADVERTISEMENT

Quantum Computer Race

So far as I can tell, there is nothing unusual about AI other than the insane hype about how it is going to change the human condition overnight. It hasn't. At least not yet...

...and when the sales pitch was that AI was going to have logarithmic effect where the tech gets so much better over shockingly small periods of time that humans can't compete, I think we've had enough time now to know that just simply isn't going to happen given the current level of the tech that has been released to the public.

I think it is quite likely that you've naively believed overhyped sales pitches and this is nothing more than the inevitable incremental improvement in technology that has always been a net boon to human prosperity and happiness.

I'm currently in the middle of moving. If Elon's got a GD robot that can carry boxes upstairs, replace mismatched electrical outlets, and listen to my wife cry because she's so anxious that she's convinced herself that the Swiss Coffee color paint she picked out doesn't actually seem as swiss or as coffee as she expected when it went on the walls, I hope he puts the damn thing on the market this week because I'm a buyer.

You aren't wrong on it not being ready. Problem is the dummies running these companies lack of the technical knowledge to understand that. They get sold big time and its happening in short order.

Then you know these people will never admit their mistakes. Instead what they do is hire/rehire a handful of the people to fill in the data gaps.

Of course thats stupid. Im not arguing that. Im just telling you its happening anyway because the ceos of these companies are too stupid to recognize they don't know what they don't know.

Advancement in quantum computing is facing new challenges in error correction as the number of qubits increases. IBM/Google are working on problems solving decoherence and crosstalk between superposition states. It's going to take time and a lot of money before quantum computing reaches commercial viability.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT