ADVERTISEMENT

Puke big man Patrick Ngongba out indefinitely

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

UK always has injury issues.

Wcs in 2014 and poy in 2015 cost us 1 to 2 titles easily. Then all the injuries on a promising 2022 roster down the stretch.

So I feel 0 pity here for Duke and if he's out for our game and it helps UK win, awesome. No one will care come seeding time in March and it will be a high quality win.

"As far as the team goes, it’s manageable. Malik Brown and Cooper Flagg can cover the post as backups to Khaman Maluach." - Duke Basketball Report.

"As far as the team goes, it’s manageable. Malik Brown and Cooper Flagg can cover the post as backups to Khaman Maluach." - Duke Basketball Report.

It's one less elite talent that would have the chance to post matchup problems for us (Flagg being the other one). It might not matter TOO much, but this means Duke needs to now lean more into their lesser touted transfers (all of which are a good deal lower than ours). Which actually may be a positive for Duke as they will have more experience, than relying on a raw big man. But still think this ultimately caps Dukes potential.

And if they really are going to rely on Flagg for post play, that could back fire.

He's a future multi-millionaire who gets to rehab at a $105,000/year school for free, while making presumably north of $250,000 in NIL, and rehabbing in an environment where he won't even be required to practice. In addition, the kid will probably have a net worth of at least $10 million before he's even 22 years old.

Tell me again how we should lament this situation for him?

It's one less elite talent that would have the chance to post matchup problems for us (Flagg being the other one). It might not matter TOO much, but this means Duke needs to now lean more into their lesser touted transfers (all of which are a good deal lower than ours). Which actually may be a positive for Duke as they will have more experience, than relying on a raw big man. But still think this ultimately caps Dukes potential.

And if they really are going to rely on Flagg for post play, that could back fire.
I still think Flagg at SF, rather than PF, benefits UK in regard to Duke's offense. I'm not saying Flagg is a world-beater to be in awe and fear of in either spot at this point in his career, but I think his skills right now would help Duke best at the PF spot. On the other hand, if Duke posted Flagg up at the SF spot I can see that potentially being a problem for us.

What makes you think I am a Duke fan? Have you looked at my post history? I graduated UK and will always bleed blue. It's sad that fans like you who think that you have to rejoice in children being hurt to be a true Kentucky fan exist.
These players are not children when NIL makes them rich from the get go. Young between their ears. Yes, but children they are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT