ADVERTISEMENT

Probably needed more offensive balance …

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
Reeves and Dilly
1) Played 28% of total minutes
2) Took 50% of total shots
3) Scored 65% of total points

No inside game, as our three (3) 7-footers scored only 2 points, 8 rebounds, in 43 combined minutes.

Even noting the above, defense and rebounding were still the biggest problems.

Last edited:
Reeves and Dilly

No inside game, as our 3 7-footers scored a total of only 2 points.

Yeah Dilly and shep need to play more and shep needs more shots. Those 3 guys and thiero and Mitchell when he returns should shoot almost all our shots.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Reeves and Dilly
3) Scored 65% of total pints

I know it’s popular to hate on Tre. But the 3 7 footers are useless offensively(Z maybe not but he’s so clueless you can’t play him much) and Adou has no offensive game besides random spectacular dunks. He’s essentially a slightly less talented Alex Poythress at this point. It’s just not feasible to live completely off your guards on offense. Someone at the 4 or 5 has to be able to shoot or score in the post.

Last night sadly showed unless Ugo is dominating defensively, he’s a net negative out there. Problem is in the post we don’t have anywhere else to turn without Tre.

I say it after nearly every loss but Cal deserves much more blame for roster construction than he gets. Most people act like we have the 96 Bulls out on the court and some mentally handicapped coach on the sidelines sabotaging them.

Reactions: bigbluedon
The lack of offense from the bigs is whats really concerning. An opposing coach is going to see that an attack it. Aside from Ugo being a solid rim protector (at times and when not in foul trouble), we have no offense, and little rebounding.

Hate to say it, but this is where we need Tre. He's solid at rebounding, he can score, and he has great IQ for when other teams go on runs.

It has to be Shep, Dilly, Reeves, tre/adou, and Ugo. We have to emphasis BASKETBALL players before anything else, been saying it all year. If you can't do the fundamentals you shouldn't be playing, even if guys like Tre and others have off or bad nights with their assignments.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Reeves and Dilly

Hard to get balance when your offense is basically I got the ball I take the shot, which is about 80% of our offense, one guy tries to make a play and the other 4 stand around and watch.

Reactions: megablue
Hard to get balance when your offense is basically I got the ball I take the shot, which is about 80% of our offense, one guy tries to make a play and the other 4 stand around and watch.
I cannot disagree with that. The thing is, the "go to" guys (mostly Reeves and Dilly) use so much energy on the offensive end driving, moving, percolating, etc ... they simply have to REST on the defensive end ... or play fewer minutes. They have a tendency to reach and foul, also, when a little tired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT