ADVERTISEMENT

Pringle for Bama

Honestly wasn’t a big fan of Pringle. Zero 3 point attempts on the year as well. Solid rebounder though. Not a bad pickup but think we can get a more well rounded piece.

They are making room for their push for Cliff Omoruyi from Rutgers who is taking an OV there this weekend and have Aiden Sherrell who is a better fit for their system then Pringle.

Reactions: MbergCat
Auburn’s best guard entered the portal and is visiting Bama. Go figure
giphy.gif

They are making room for their push for Cliff Omoruyi from Rutgers who is taking an OV there this weekend and have Aiden Sherrell who is a better fit for their system then Pringle.
I wish we would still look at Cliff. He’s such a rebounding and defensive monster. Don’t know how he is as a passer for this offense though.

Pringle is a mixed bag. He’s extremely athletic, which makes him a top tier lob threat, and he can climb the ladder for some tough rebounds when he’s locked in. He also showed flashes of being a nifty interior passer during their tournament run.

On the downside, he’s not really a great defender as he doesn’t block many shots for his size and isn’t quite light on his feet enough to effectively switch on to perimeter players. He also lacks scoring ability outside of dunks and layups, and is a poor free throw shooter. Although to his credit, he eventually seemed to receive the message, he was also suspended a couple of times earlier this year for his poor attitude, so that could be of at least some concern. At the end of the day, we could do worse, but I’m not sure he moves the needle very much either.

Reactions: MbergCat
And Stevenson
Stevenson's spot is locked in with his play down the stretch.

If they lose Nelson/Sears though...and Estrada? That's a lot to replace. Griffen made some big shots but he's replaceable with his sloppy ball handing and James Young like passing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I thought I saw a list for Cliff and UK wasn’t on it but that list of course could be wrong if he has a visit scheduled.

Pringle is a mixed bag. He’s extremely athletic, which makes him a top tier lob threat, and he can climb the ladder for some tough rebounds when he’s locked in. He also showed flashes of being a nifty interior passer during their tournament run.

On the downside, he’s not really a great defender as he doesn’t block many shots for his size and isn’t quite light on his feet enough to effectively switch on to perimeter players. He also lacks scoring ability outside of dunks and layups, and is a poor free throw shooter. Although to his credit, he eventually seemed to receive the message, he was also suspended a couple of times earlier this year for his poor attitude, so that could be of at least some concern. At the end of the day, we could do worse, but I’m not sure he moves the needle very much either.
Mixed can?

I really like Estrella. Player
Do you mean Estrada from Bama or Estrella from TN? I like both players but really felt Aaron Estrada at Bama was able to do the little things that you need from a player to win those tough/gritty NCAA games.

Estrella impressed me at TN this year. Very high upside.

Offer him as a solid bench / rotation player, and let the chips fall where they may. He isn't all that and a bag of chips.
Ok enough corny Pringle jokes.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT