ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Example of Calipari Inadequacy!

Whether Cal likes to coach zone or not, there's something to be said for coaches changing defenses on the fly during games. It disrupts rhythm and predictability.

But Cal is a stubborn mule.

Reactions: chevyman 50
Cal did not make Oscar and Wheeler miss the free throws or Grady and Ty Ty miss nearly everything they shot. They had wide open looks numerous times. You've got to make shots to win. What would your plan have been against St. Peters after the half?

Imagine if a football team played the same defensive scheme on every play, had only one passing play and one run play, ran the same play out of every timeout, strictly ran the ball if they had any lead at all and it was the 4th quarter, and simply relied on size and athleticism to win. That’s basically what we are.
You are correct. Cal is playing checkers and everyone else is playing chess.

Cal did not make Oscar and Wheeler miss the free throws or Grady and Ty Ty miss nearly everything they shot. They had wide open looks numerous times. You've got to make shots to win. What would your plan have been against St. Peters after the half?
The Duke players had no issue with hitting free throws when the game was on the line. Cal's teams, on the other hand, have a well documented history of missed free throws costing them the game.

Yeah and he sucks at game strategy and adjustments. I don’t give a damn how good of talent we have, you’re not winning 6 straight games in the tournament for a title, without making adjustments. Just isn’t gonna happen.
Lack of talent is more important than adjustments but i agree you need both

The Duke players had no issue with hitting free throws when the game was on the line. Cal's teams, on the other hand, have a well documented history of missed free throws costing them the game.
I agree and had we hit our free throws we beat St Peters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT