ADVERTISEMENT

"Pressure is a privilege" Trent Noah

I don’t think I’ve heard anything from this team and coaching staff that makes me unhappy
It looks like we have a lot of high character guys and they seem to be united. If what we have seen and read so far is accurate, this team will have amazing chemistry
I haven’t looked forward to a season this much in years.

Hope they give us 3-4 years of basketball.

Nothing like watching a Kentucky kid perform and grow before your very eyes.

Watching Reed this year was a breath of fresh air and reminded me why I still love Kentucky.
If he were only good enough to start.
Minutes schminutes.
He was our favorite player.
Houston's too.
That was the problem. The coach hated us. He took one final greasy dump on us on the way out.
Hate is an ugly word.

Reactions: NociHTTP
If he were only good enough to start.
Minutes schminutes.
He was our favorite player.
Houston's too.
That was the problem. The coach hated us. He took one final greasy dump on us on the way out.
Hate is an ugly word.

Cal reminds be a bit of a villain in your favorite comic book. In love with his own ideology.

Never understood why he was wrong or why his fanbase hated the way his teams performed.

Good riddance.

With our previous coach, yes. Cal didnt know how to use players like Mulder, Baker, Wiltjer, who can flat out stroke out but may struggle creating their own shot at times. Most high D1 coaches however do know how to use a player like that.
If they can make sharp cuts they will have open shots, that is a given

Reactions: ThroughBlue
With our previous coach, yes. Cal didnt know how to use players like Mulder, Baker, Wiltjer, who can flat out stroke out but may struggle creating their own shot at times. Most high D1 coaches however do know how to use a player like that.

Baker is at his 27th school.

False. Pope actually runs an offense to generate looks for specific players. Not some "ho outrun and out jump your opponent" nonsense.

Right we’re gonna be like the movie Hoosiers and dazzle the rest of the SEC with no defense or lateral movement, but with fundamentals.

I could also include Derek Willis but I wont because he tended to be a little emo at times but the point remains. He could stroke it but couldnt get a lot for himself.
It wasn’t from a lack of opportunity. DW had a long leash and played with legit stars.

This is the best part for me personally. I mean results are ultimately what matters… but the last several years I have missed the anticipation. I just couldn’t get excited, and I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d say that about UK bball. So glad Cal is gone.
Right where I am. I'm very excited to see these guys play in real games and it's just August 1. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but I think they're going to be a lot of fun to watch and could become a very good team with a real shot.

Great read, thanks for posting, Jeff. Really can't wait to see this kid play and develop. He makes you want to cheer even harder for him after reading his remarks. Hope he truly is willing to be patient and wait fir his chance. Pope is a coach who will play him if he sees him developing to the point where he can contribute. I didn't feel that way under the previous coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT