ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction time for the rest of the season:

Calsarmy

Sophomore
Jul 24, 2013
I think we win the next 2 games. Brings our record to 5-1. I think it goes down hill from there though. Im thinking 1-5 the last 6 games. Gets us to a minor bowl which is good for the Fros, Soph and Jrs.

I think we win the next 2 games. Brings our record to 5-1. I think it goes down hill from there though. Im thinking 1-5 the last 6 games. Gets us to a minor bowl which is good for the Fros, Soph and Jrs.
Don't think we will go off the rails that far,that happened in Stoops 2nd year.This team is better and deeper than that one and the second half schedule isn't as tough.

The UF game was a tough one to take but we may be over reacting to a degree.Win the next two and get a week to get ready for the rest of the year.The UT and Miss games at home will be big for us.I think 7 wins are likely with a decent shot at 8

I've said since preseason between 6-8 wins. I stand by that. We should beat Vandy and Ole Miss... but we should do a lot of things we don't end up doing.

Reactions: Hjack and UKUGA
I am saying 9-3 or 10-2. I love these Cats! Yes I am just as heartbroken as everyone else but we need to move on to the next.

Wins:
EMU
Ole Miss
Vandy
Louisville
Tennesee
Mizzou

Toss up: Miss St

Loss: Georgia

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: VikingCat21
If the Coaching Staff can get out of our own way:

- Win:
EMU
Mizzu
Tenn
Ole Miss
Vandy
Louisville

-Lose to:
Georgia
MSU

If the Coaching Staff plays not to lose versus playing to win:

- Win:
EMU
Mizzu
Ole Miss

- Lose to:
Georgia
MSU
Tenn
Vandy
Louisville

Reactions: brianpoe
I believe after the Florida game this team has the talent to win all but one.
The question in my mind is about in game coaching.
Six wins with a way outside shot at eight.

Reactions: brianpoe
I'll go with 7-5. That is almost a sure bet with UK football in our better seasons in this century. I say we win the next two and beat Ole Miss and Vandy as well. I think UL is the swing game at the end that decides 7 or 8 wins.

Reactions: UKUGA and brianpoe
We win the next 2 to go 5-1 before our bye week. I think we give Mississippi State a game but ultimately lose to go 5-2. After that I think we win at least 1 of the next two games between Tennessee and Ole Miss, putting us at either 7-2 or 6-3. I'm still not sure how good Vandy is, so I have no idea how that turns out. However, I'm pretty certain we lose to Georgia on the road. Louisville is a worse version of the team we beat in their place last year, so I think we have a good chance to pick up a win there.

Worst case scenario I see us being 6-6, and I can see us being 8-4 without needing an unbelievable amount of stuff to go right. Losing to Florida makes anything more than 8 wins highly, highly unlikely as it would require us to go a perfect 4-0 in our toss up games or get an upset win on the road against Mississippi State or Georgia.

IMO there's no excuse not to get at least 7 wins with the team we have, and honestly I wouldn't blame people for expecting 8. This team has the talent to do it.

Reactions: UKUGA
With the East so obviously down (besides UGA) I can see this team getting to 8 wins if we can win some close ones. I wouldn't be estatic with 8 (I'm stubborn) but I would love it for recruiting because it shows we are on an uphill trend. 2, 5, 5, 7, 8 would look good for our future. With a veteran defensive next season and alot of talent on offense I expect to trend upwards again.

5-1 at midseason. 4-2 the rest of the way. 9-3, bowl victory brings us to first 10 win season since 1970's, and all the haters can suck a big egg.

Win: EMU, Mizzou, UT, Ole Miss(?; very talented team), Vandy, U of L
Lose: State (?; road game, tough joint), UGA

Last edited:
Boy, it's hard to say how the team (and coaches; and fans) react after last week. The future was so bright with a win.

My best guess:

EMU: Close win
Mizzou: Easy win
@MSU: Loss
UT: Hard to say, I think they may be folding up shop by this point, so I'll say WIN
OM: Close win
VU: Close win
UGA: Loss
UL: Loss; I think we're better but don't see us sweeping UT and UL

FInal: 8-4; 5-3 SEC (all in all a successful season, with a lot of what-if thrown in)

I've said 7-5 all along. I don't think we end up any worse than that. Gun to my head, I'm going 8-4.

7-5 with all but 1 or 2 games being decided by a TD or less. The matchup vs EMU could be an ugly one after such an emotional loss. We'll see how mentally tough our guys are Saturday. It helps having a SR QB that will keep us steady. Just gotta get through that one with a W and go from there.

7-5 with all but 1 or 2 games being decided by a TD or less. The matchup vs EMU could be an ugly one after such an emotional loss. We'll see how mentally tough our guys are Saturday. It helps having a SR QB that will keep us steady. Just gotta get through that one with a W and go from there.
How we come into and out of that one is a big deal,I don't think they have enough offense to beat us.Hopefully we take the approach that we have something to prove this week.I think Snell is due for a big day and I can see Bowden breaking out in this one.

On to next week maybe we put on an offensive show for Missouri and put up 40+

Reactions: Wvvrn
Wins
EMU- I mean there's no excuse if they don't

Mizzou- Dumpster fire and we are more talented

Vandy- I think BBN will be out in full force in Nashville and I think we thrive against teams with their style...on top of the fact we have more talent

Ole Miss- They will come off a strectch of playing Bama, Auburn, Vandy, LSU, and Arkansas when they come into the K-Roger. They are not a good team to begin with and I think they will be beat up and we can take a much needed win from them.

Toss ups

Tennessee- They are like Florida, but not as good as Florida. They are worse on offense, but John Kelly may be the best running back in the SEC and will be a challenge. They have a QB controversy and a coach on the hot seat. They will be coming off the Bama game and they could be headed down field. We have not beaten them the last 5 years and they are very talented. I favor us in this game, but UT is never going to be easy.

Miss State- On the road in Starkville. We play them close usually, but those cowbells will be out in force. We will be coming off the bye, which usually is good for Stoops' teams since he has been here. Winning this could be the big one for us to have a special season. They aren't way more talented than us, but they are a solid and well coached team.

Louisville- I think we are a better overall team, but their one advantage is the best player in college football. They do not have a running game and Benny Snell is a top back in the country. Their O-Line is trash and ours has some snap issues but protect well. Receiving corps are even but I think Conrad/Juice are better play makers than their guys. I think we have an advantage at linebacker if Jones is healthy. Our D-Line has made a big jump, but theirs is still a little better and have some big time playmakers. I like our secondary a lot more, but theirs will be better if Alexander is healthy.

I do not think they are as deep as us and they are a worse team than they were a year ago. They could be worn down by the last week, but our guys will be coming off a hard game at UGA. We have the home crowd and our guys got over the hump and know they can beat them. I'll never count out Lamar and it could be an interesting game a K-Roger. If it is a night game...it will be electric.

Loss

Georgia- While I believe we have a chance, I just see them as too good. Kirby has got them playing good D and their running attack is too tough.

At best I can see 9-3 going 2-1 in the tossups and at worst I can see a 7-5.

Expected this to be the year we went at least 2-1 against Florida, UT and UL. Now think it's 1-2. If it's 0-3 I and a lot of other people won't be happy.

I'm not buying the Vandy hype after watching Bama make them look like a JV team.

I think 7-5 or 8-4 with an outside shot at 9-3 or 6-6.

Assuming Stoops/Gran learn from Saturday's mistakes, I like 8-4 with us winning 3 out of 4 heading into UGA.

We are very capable of winning quite a few more games this season but I have lost confidence in the coaching staff right now, just hope the players haven't done the same. If players are back on track, after this tough loss, and coaches learn "something" we could win 5 or 6 of remaining games.

Don't think we will go off the rails that far,that happened in Stoops 2nd year.This team is better and deeper than that one and the second half schedule isn't as tough.

The UF game was a tough one to take but we may be over reacting to a degree.Win the next two and get a week to get ready for the rest of the year.The UT and Miss games at home will be big for us.I think 7 wins are likely with a decent shot at 8

Agreed.

I'm not as optimistic as some of you. We played poorly against poor competition to start the year. I don't care if we were being vanilla or not. You have to beat teams like that much easier if you expect to be a better team. We finally started to play well against Florida and then we decide to revert back to the way we played in the first couple of games against weaker competition.

If we come out playing to win every game and not letting up on teams until later in the 4th quarter, I think we can win 8. If we play not to lose like we did against Florida in the second half, we will win 6 maybe 7 games.

Stoops needs to understand that he isn't at FSU and we aren't playing with 4 and 5 star players all over the roster. You get a superior team on the ropes and you go for the knockout. We aren't Ali and can't just rope-a-dope with them and expect them to miss on their shots at us and wear down.

EMU - win (will be ugly and have the fans fighting with each other even more)

Mizz - win (worst team in the conference)

Miss St - loss (better team, on the road, and revenge factor)

Tenn - loss (should have beat Florida in The Swamp, more talented then us which is hard to overcome with our coaching style)

Ole Miss - win (they have a tougher stretch of games before this one and should be a mess by then)

Vandy - win (could be a toss up on the road, but not sure how good they really are after Bama game)

Georgia - loss (blew our chance at a win last year and they will be playing for the East lead while we are probably 4th)

UL - loss (if Jackson didn't try to make a Heisman play we lose last year and this year loses a lot of the optimism that people have, plus revenge factor)

So I'm going with 7-5 with a chance to slip to 6-6 if we lose at Vandy. I think some of you are reaching if you think 9 or 10 wins. We play down to the weaker competition and go conservative against the better teams. I don't think that is a recipe for success.

The question is how will you all feel about Stoops if we finish out the year at 6-6 and going 1-5 in the last 6 games? That is how every year except last year has played out so far under Stoops. Show potential early on, but collapse at the end. Even at 7-5 under my predictions, we will still finish the year at 2-4. Definitely not the direction you want to go as the season is winding down.

I will be pleasantly surprised though if we do hit 8 wins before the bowl game. It might have given me more hope for next year if we didn't have to break in another quarterback with very little game experience (Barker). Unless Barker gets a medical redshirt for last year, we will again be breaking in a QB with little to no experience in 2019 as well. Could lead to a couple of bad years and more fan unrest.

Reactions: Lincoln_Cat90
I give people props for picking us to beat UT after that abomination of a choke job this past Saturday night. I know the football Gods gave us one win in 2011, but there is still very much a mental issue against UT as well. We can beat them, but will our coaches allow it?

We currently sit at what is widely regarded as a disappointing 3-1 start. The wins are there, but are lackluster, and the one loss was crushing. A real opportunity to move the program forward, be 6-0, ranked, and on course for a higher profile bowl game and potential shot at the East, was missed…and missed in a spectacularly infuriating manner.

Based on the above, here’s how I see the season playing out:

EMU- W (Not pretty, but a win.)

Mizzou- W (Wow, we’re 2-1 in the SECE and have a shot! ...said no one ever, except for sunshine pumpers.)

MSU- L (They’re still a better team, have better coaching, and it’s away; lose by 2-3 scores)

Tenn- L (Teams are comparable, and even though it’s at home, it’s Tennessee, they have our number, and Stupes or his staff will make at least one critical mistake to cost us the game; we lose by 1 score or less. Fan grumbling gets louder.)

Ole Miss-? (We’re a better team and should win. How the coaching staff and team respond after another heart-wrenching loss determines the outcome. Have fixed silly coaching errors and high snaps by this point? If not, we lose.)

Vandy- ? (We’re a slightly better team, but it’s away and Vandy has a good defense. UK isn’t Alabama. Toss-up.)

UGA- L (LOL @ the idea that some people think we may have a chance here.)

UofLOL- L (Don’t see us taking 2 in a row against the dirty birds, not with our “deer in the headlights” head coach against Petrino. Petrino may be a human scumbag, but he’s far and away a better gameday coach than Stoops. Our team played their hearts out last year and got a little lucky. Not happening again, unfortunately.)

So, we could be 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5.

5-7 = Massive loss of fan confidence and support, recruiting suffers greatly, Stoops on the hot seat and gone in 2 years if we don’t improve the following season.

6-6 = Slight loss of fan confidence and support, recruiting is OK but lose 1-2 good prospects late. Likely get invited to the DVDA Bumpass Bowl or whatever it’s called. Win the bowl game and we regain some momentum and fan support for next season.

7-5 = Fans are mollified, if not exactly happy. Progress continues slowly but steadily. We get a Banjo Bowl invitation. Win the bowl game and excitement picks back up.

Of course, I’d be thrilled we exceed these outcomes. I just don’t see it based on what I’ve seen from the coaching staff and team so far, and that’s a shame. Silly, fundamental, correctable things are holding the team back. I also think we could be a bit more creative and use our personnel more effectively, especially on offense.

Reactions: Lincoln_Cat90
Oh come on, we gave up two touchdowns because we left them uncovered due to coaching error and still only lost by 1 with a chance to win on a last second kick. We win the next 2, one of state and UT, vandy, and hopefully UL.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Hard loss to take but these Cats keep improving. If they can learn to hike the ball properly. Can't believe I just said that. These Cats can't hike the ball properly.

Looks like 7, 8, or 9 are all possible......but then again, 6 & 10 are too.

Not worried about players. They will respond and fight to the bitter end. More concerned with our coaching decision making. Stated many times over, we've got to start PLAYING TO WIN in our scheme. Playing it safe tends to backfire on you now and again. Reference UK vs. UF 2017 as an example. Will we see one, two, three more like this in '17. Last season we ended up on the W side with this philosophy. This season we are now 0 for 1. Will CMS go back to the well again? It is my guess that this philosophy moves forward intact. I expect no changes. Two score lead = Go into Run Only Mode.

I've said since preseason between 6-8 wins. I stand by that. We should beat Vandy and Ole Miss... but we should do a lot of things we don't end up doing.
JStaff, my point exactly. I really believe we had the better team on the field Saturday, and still managed to lose.

This is what bothers me about UT, Vandy, Miss St, and UL. I am just worried that we may find a way to lose to these teams.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Said 6-6 at start of season, maybe 7-5 now. Johnson is playing at a high level and if the coaches just let him play.

I agree with a lot of you on here and am glad to see not everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is still a good football team that I would say is as good or better than every team left on our schedule except maybe Georgia.

Wins: Eastern Mich, Mizz, Tenn, Ole Miss, Vandy, Louisville
Losses: Miss St, Georgia

I think this team will keep getting better as the season goes on and becomes a legitimate top 20 team. We are better than Mizz, Tenn, Ole Miss, Vandy, and Louisville. Winning all those games won't be easy but if we can stay healthy I don't see why we couldn't win them all. Miss State will be a tough road game but I wouldn't be surprised if we won that game. If it were at home I'd pick us to win it. Georgia seems to be finding their stride and looks like the team to beat in the East. This Florida loss was a heartbreaker and it will suck to look back at the end of the year and realize we should have one more win on our record, but this team can still have an amazing and historic season. 7-5 is our floor, 8-4 is most likely IMO, 9-3 is my prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT