ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Canada Interview w/ Shep, Adou & DJ

Summary:
All three mentioned practices were very competitive

Reed said he doesn’t care how much time he plays just as long as they win

Adou working on speed, strength, ball handle, and jump shot

Adou says Ugo has gotten a lot better

DJ is ready to start playing real games, says team plays really well together In practices

The main thing is the players are bonding on and off the court and are having fun playing together.

IMO I think this group will be really good together, a lot different from last season.

Love to agree with you but seems we've heard things like this before, early on, but they didn't show during the real season. For example, last year at this time we were being told by people like Oscar that Toppin was so much better and was the best player on the team. Also, that Collins had improved greatly. Love to see this all come true about what you're saying but I'm holding my excitement in check til I see what this team looks like against solid real season competition.

Love to agree with you but seems we've heard things like this before, early on, but they didn't show during the real season. For example, last year at this time we were being told by people like Oscar that Toppin was so much better and was the best player on the team. Also, that Collins had improved greatly. Love to see this all come true about what you're saying but I'm holding my excitement in check til I see what this team looks like against solid real season competition.

It's always rainbows and sunshine in the summer.

Sometimes it's true and sometimes it isn't.

Just because a team bonds and plays well together doesn’t always lead to success, it’s just the way it is sometimes

Reactions: Riddickulis
Adou definitely needed to improve ball handling and security.
I was surprised by some of his ball handling issues last season. I still think he was probably better than it appeared on occasion, and that a lot of the issue was due to being a little unsure of himself - especially when he was thrown into being the primary ball handler.

Last edited:
Reactions: ck-2
We have no idea about Collins last year. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. We never got to find out after the loss he had, which made such an impact it caused a kid with no fat on him to lose 15 lbs.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I was surprised by some of his ball handling issues last season. I still think he was probably better that it appeared on occasion, and that a lot of the issue was due to being a little unsure of himself - especially when he was thrown into being the primary ball handler.
I think last year he just played like a bull in a China shop. So it was thst he was out of control more than he didn’t have ball handling skills.

Those guys were very likeable in their interviews. Very humble as well.

Our guards and wings are going to be among the best in the nation. If we add a frontcourt piece in August, we could have an outstanding season.

Good kids. Thiero seems subdued. He offered the most info. Shep and Wagner offer friendly smart coach speak. Just have fun, no one cares about starting, give it your all, everyone looks good, won’t compare teams because we loved them all, loving competition, connecting on and off court, …

Nice kids. Boring interviews.

I was surprised by some of his ball handling issues last season. I still think he was probably better than it appeared on occasion, and that a lot of the issue was due to being a little unsure of himself - especially when he was thrown into being the primary ball handler.

Plus refs let him get obviously fouled on some of those turnovers. A few times he was mauled with no call.

Adou definitely needed to improve ball handling and security.
True.

But on this team, I doubt he is ever the primary ballhandler.

With his build now and our lack of depth inside, I figure he is going to be playing a lot as a small ball 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT