ADVERTISEMENT

Poythress still with outside chance at 1000 point club

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Had he not been injured I think he would've reached 1000 points for his career. He currently has 908 points and would likely need to play 3 SEC tournament games and 6 NCAA games to have a chance at the record. Over 9 games he would have to average 10.22 ppg, just .2 points above his current average. To do it in 8 games he would have to average 11.5. So if Alex reaches this mark it probably means we're hanging at least another FF banner.

Reactions: Bkocats
well, then OP - I think it would be perfectly acceptable, and non-selfish to say I hope Alex gets to join the 1000 pt club
:D

Reactions: awf and BigKari
All he needs is one game with 20 which isn't that far fetched and then his averages and he'll be close to the mark as long as we make the sweet 16

All he needs is one game with 20 which isn't that far fetched and then his averages and he'll be close to the mark as long as we make the sweet 16

While true, I'd rather Alex consistently give us 11 and 8 for the rest of the season. What we don't want is a 20 point performance followed by a 4 point game. That is how he has performed all season. If he can do that for us, have Skal continue to contribute at a high level, and Lee keeps bringing energy, we're going to be a very tough out.

Reactions: EliteBlue
How crappy would it be for someone to finish with 999? and in the final four semi-final?

damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT