ADVERTISEMENT

Power 5 Job Rankings (aka, would Stoops leave...)

UKStig23

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2005
Lexington, KY
My friends and I love having this debate over bourbon and beers regularly. We try and list the programs that Stoops would leave us for tomorrow if the school came and offered. We usually think about location, recruiting, history, facilities, and then personal issues Stoops to consider (example, I think Stoops leaves us for Iowa if they came calling because of his personal connection there, even though I think UK is a better program overall). We generally think with our program on the rise, there aren't as many as you think so it ends up being a really good debate once you get past the big boys.

On that note, ESPN ranked the coaching jobs by tiers, 1-5. Very interesting list and I disagree with our ranking and some others. Always fun for discussion.

Of note: UK is tier 4, Tennessee dropped to tier 3, UofL is also tier 3 (insane ranking). Bama, LSU, UGA and FL are tier 1's from the SEC.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/29236459/alabama-texas-usc-most-appealing

Just for fun, here is the most recent list that we kind of agreed on:

Leaves:
Bama
UGA
Texas A&M
Texas
LSU
Michigan
Florida
Clemson
Auburn
Notre Dame
OSU
USC
Oregon
Penn State
Iowa

Maybes:
Oklahoma (does he want to follow his brother, and doesn't suit his offensive philosophy)
Baylor
Washington
UCLA
Tennessee (don't think he'd go to direct rival in conference because of loyalty to UK)
Miami

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News