ADVERTISEMENT

Post game car tipping

BBBLazing

Senior
Dec 30, 2009
I've seen video on national news of UK students totalling a visitor's car by tipping it over in drunken celebration following the game Saturday. I hope that everyone involved is identified on the video and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. I'm all for a good party, but tearing up other people's stuff should not be identified with my University. As UK fans, we can not criticize UT and UL unless we police criminal action at home.

At least a dealership was nice enough to give him another vehicle. His mom had a GoFundMe account to buy him another car and was in the $3000's at the time. Hopefully they find a nice charity and donate the money to.

At the least those people should have had to pay for the car. What a bunch of jackasses. I’ve been to State Street one time, when we won the national title. It’s really not all that great, I’d rather have a celebration like we did at my buddies house Saturday night.

At the least those people should have had to pay for the car. What a bunch of jackasses. I’ve been to State Street one time, when we won the national title. It’s really not all that great, I’d rather have a celebration like we did at my buddies house Saturday night.
I don’t understand wanting to destroy other people’s property.

What do these idiots do when they’re angry?

I have never in my life destroyed someone’s stuff. It boggles my mind how big of a loser you must be to do something like this.

When I was young and drinking, and my team won a huge game, we would high five everybody and celebrate by buying more rounds. These idiots celebrate my destroying someones car. What kind of people do that?

Last edited:

I have never in my life have destroyed someone’s stuff. It boggles my mind how big of a loser you must be to do something like this.

When I was young and drinking, and my team won a huge game, we would high five everybody and celebrate by buying more rounds. These idiots celebrate my destroying someones car. What kind of people do that?

Just a bunch of dumbasses. They feel the need to do something because it’s been done before and no one got in trouble(which is absolutely ignorant). Not to make assumptions either but most of the people I’ve known that lived on state we’re either really spoiled kids or people who just wanna get drunk everyday and not care about anything.

In any population there's a range of intelligence. A bell curve if you like. Not hard to pick what end of the curve these people fall on.

Lack of aggressive prosecution only encourages them to repeat. They are too intellectually challenged to be treated like they can be trusted to know right from wrong without a symbolic cattle prod.

I think UK needs to take this as an opportunity to begin a new tradition. Find something to channel these celebrations to something less destructive. Auburn rolls the trees in Toomer's Corner, and that is probably a pain in the ass to clean up, but it is a good tradition that really doesn't hurt anyone. I think UK needs to get creative and try to get these students to celebrate in a different and less destructive manner.

Since you want to go there, I'll argue it's the snowflake generation's entitlement mindset.
Come on. These guys are soft rioters compared to the old days. Let me know when they take over a college administration building.

The problem with all of the “UK needs to do this” comments is it’s not UKs problem per se. State st and the surrounding streets are not UK property. So they kind of wash their hands of it. Now I will say, UK officers were quick to respond down there and provide a presence with lights, but they didn’t do much.

Lexington Police has to respond to take over for UK officers and take up blocking the roads. Then another group of Lexington Police officers had to respond and put on some gear. Then they had to go street to street and force people out of the area. There did not appear to be a plan in place for this and it showed. Took far too long to get control of the situation and unfortunately resulted in this car being destroyed.

As for the individuals down there, they were less than cooperative with police. Here’s hoping Lexington Police shut all of the parties and craziness down from the get go the rest of the year. They need to show these kids this will not be tolerated and prove to them the police department has been friendly but that is over.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I think UK needs to take this as an opportunity to begin a new tradition. Find something to channel these celebrations to something less destructive. Auburn rolls the trees in Toomer's Corner, and that is probably a pain in the ass to clean up, but it is a good tradition that really doesn't hurt anyone. I think UK needs to get creative and try to get these students to celebrate in a different and less destructive manner.
They could set up games for them to play like lawn jarts or something. . . no wait!

Reactions: Blueaz

I have never in my life have destroyed someone’s stuff. It boggles my mind how big of a loser you must be to do something like this.

Kev69, why do you ask, "What kind of people do that?" You named them in the previous sentence, IDIOTS!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: kev69 and Hjack
Not sure which species is the more intelligent.....
th

Was this the old Volvo? I haven’t seen any news on it. I heard the guy didn’t care before and while it was happening. Probably drunk too.

Was this the old Volvo? I haven’t seen any news on it. I heard the guy didn’t care before and while it was happening. Probably drunk too.

No. It was a students car. The parents were upset, as they should be. They setup a go fund me page to help buy another car. Apparently it was totaled.

No. It was a students car. The parents were upset, as they should be. They setup a go fund me page to help buy another car. Apparently it was totaled.

I’m sure the parents were upset, but I have a good source saying the student was encouraging it. I’m sure when he sobered up felt different, and probably was saving face to mom and dad.

I've seen video on national news of UK students totalling a visitor's car by tipping it over in drunken celebration following the game Saturday. I hope that everyone involved is identified on the video and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. I'm all for a good party, but tearing up other people's stuff should not be identified with my University. As UK fans, we can not criticize UT and UL unless we police criminal action at home.
ALCOHOL and DRUNK College Kids...who would ever guess!!!
Sounds like some of the DRUNK idiot kids behind us at the game Sat night!!!

I hope every single loser that was involved in destroying his car goes to jail. They should also be forced to pay back every dime of his cars worth, and after they finish their jail time, give a public apology.
Amen Kev!!

Reactions: kev69
Stupid people do things stupid things with or without alcohol. You add in the drink and they raise the bar on stupidity.

Much worse than cow tipping.
Cow tipping was in vogue back in the forties when I was a boy. I never did it because, in the dark, it was hard to tell a cow from a bull, and you never, ever wanted to tip a bull over. Cows are passive, bulls are not.

I have never in my life destroyed someone’s stuff. It boggles my mind how big of a loser you must be to do something like this.

They do it because they can. They see it being done on the news and no one pays for doing it. Make an example and maybe these young jerks will make a right decision the next time they think of doing something stupid.

I’m one who doesn’t get it. In March of ‘78 I, other UK students, and a lot of Lexington took to the streets to celebrate our 5th national title. I can’t recall any reports of property destruction. All we did was dance in the streets with each other. It seems the only way this current generation can celebrate is by tearing up other people’s stuff. It doesn’t look good on you.

Stupid people do things stupid things with or without alcohol. You add in the drink and they raise the bar on stupidity.
When I was youn
Really? It’s now UK’s job to come up with a way to keep these loser’s from “celebrating so destructively”?

I’ll tell you what UK should do when they find out exactly who was involved. Expel every single one of them, and warn any other loser who does something that embarrasses the University, that they will be expelled also.

How about locking them in a GD jail cell?

This post by you epitomizes exactly what’s wrong with this generation. lets not take responsibility for our actions. Let’s blame someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat

You will not get an argument, I just do not understand the mentality of damaging others property to celebrate winning a game, drunk or not.

When I was youn

Really? It’s now UK’s job to come up with a way to keep these loser’s from “celebrating so destructively”?

I’ll tell you what UK should do when they find out exactly who was involved. Expel every single one of them, and warn any other loser who does something that embarrasses the University, that they will be expelled also.

How about locking them in a GD jail cell?

This post by you epitomizes exactly what’s wrong with this generation. lets not take responsibility for our actions. Let’s blame someone else.

No, UK it isn't required that they do this and it isn't necessarily their job to do so. However, there is, IMO, an opportunity for them to be proactive and come up with a new and unique post-game victory tradition. Doing so would mean that UK is not embarrassed by these types of stories every time they win a big game and they get a new tradition that all fans can enjoy and partake in.

Maybe a dozen morons flip a car upside down and it turns into a festivus of old people airing their grievances against “the entitled mindset of this new snowflake generation”. Both of these things, vandalism and complaining about the out of control young people, have been going on from time immemorial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT