ADVERTISEMENT

Possible two new Assistant Coaches

He’s not Calipari’s family or friend.

I hope for the first time someone steps in and says no, you can’t hire them. Get a floor coach on your staff that isn’t someone you’ve been buddies with.
That's all well and good if it happens but, you know Calipari would ignore anything someone like that would tell him. If for no other reason than to get a dig in.
If Calipari hires Pastner and Kellogg to be on the staff, I think it's perfectly reasonable for us to ask that he get a psych evaluation.

Cleaning house my ass. Trading one old friend with another. That’s not cleaning house lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
Bruiser Fling taking the Temple job? That situation is a complete disaster..6 guys already entered portal, lmost no NIL money raised, and today the school President resigned.

• Wow
Reactions: westerncat
Bruiser Fling taking the Temple job? That situation is a complete disaster..6 guys already entered portal, lmost no NIL money raised, and today the school President resigned.
Temple really hasn't been anything since 2001. John Chaney's last 5 years there were NIT's and then Fran Dunphy got them back to the tournament on a consistent basis but I don't think they ever advanced far. Having said that, if Temple thinks Bruiser Flint is the answer, then I feel sorry for them.

That "offensive coordinator" story is one of the funniest I've heard. Cal just trying to make excuses, like always.

I'm sorry, I loved Rondo's game and he was a dog from the word go. But I'm just not sure he is a future coach. I just doubt he has the demeanor or temperament for coaching.

And I agree on Pastner. We keep offering a soft landing spot for failed head coaches, and its fair to question "where is the passion coming from?" Most assistant coaches work 24/7, eat, sleep, and crap basketball as they move up the ladder. Ours get there, fail, land here as an "associate head coach", and make HC money. Their only motivation is internal. Its just not the same.

I applaud the Ulis thing. I say let's go find 1 OC, 1 DC, and 1 Portal Guru. We also need a Euro/International Recruiting Coordinator which could be one of our former players that bounced around the world and never got to the league.

Reactions: westerncat
If Temple was smart they would hire Dawn Staley if possible. She's from Philly. Some men's program is going to try to hire her. Why not them?

As for UK, we need assistants that follow the head coaches mission.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT