ADVERTISEMENT

Possible grad transfer - Lehigh F Pat Andree?

A big that can shoot the 3? We need a scouting report on this guy...come on guys, surely someone has seen him play.

But if we've got Nick and EJ starting, a 6'8 guy that can give bench minutes may be all we need. That may not be what he's after, though
Yea, I highly doubt a grad transfer is leaving Lehigh in search of a more limited role as a back-up option.

Reactions: Cats192
There might (MIGHT) be 5 grad transfers a year that UK would even glance at.

This guy's not one of them.

I do wish Cal would dig a little deeper into the international realm, but maybe Enes, homesick Humphries, and wood-chopper Tai have soured him a bit. An undiscovered gem from out of the country is likely to have a lot more potential than a guy who's been playing D1 ball for 3 years. The NBA is now chock full of those types.

Very hard to find any of those who aren't already (real, no take-backs) pros at 18 or 19, though.

I mean, take him for sure. But we sorta need a big body presence in the paint. We'll have wings and Forwards who can hit outside shots.

There might (MIGHT) be 5 grad transfers a year that UK would even glance at.

This guy's not one of them.

I do wish Cal would dig a little deeper into the international realm, but maybe Enes, homesick Humphries, and wood-chopper Tai have soured him a bit. An undiscovered gem from out of the country is likely to have a lot more potential than a guy who's been playing D1 ball for 3 years. The NBA is now chock full of those types.

Very hard to find any of those who aren't already (real, no take-backs) pros at 18 or 19, though.

Cal seems to be okay with Canada.

I have no idea on this but I wonder if Gilder from Ta&m would consider a grad transfer with Kennedy getting fired.
Always thought he was a nice player.
Don't know about his health.

We will add a grad transfer PF Imo to go along with Mcdaniels as our 2 PF on next year's team. We have none right now. We have 2 centers in Richards and EJ and EJ will be a star next year.

There is no room for another prime forward.

With Brooks coming on board, he is not looking to sit. So you have Brooks and Whitney with Maxes and Hagans. Monty and Richards will have the 5.

Anyone coming in is a backup with Allen.

Which we may need! But depending on our roster, I could see that being a 5-8 pt guy for us.

Exactly. If we picked up McDaniels, we would still need another quality big to spell Richards/Montgomery/McDaniels, even if that player is only of the Eloy Vargas type.

Looks a little like Harrellson, but shoots better than Willis. I wouldn't say no.

What? A Harrelson that can shoot way better would be pretty nice for next season. You sound like he didn't help UK get to a Final Four or anything of consequence.

I would like to see another PF option, preferably with an emphasis on the "power" part. McDaniels appears to me to be so weak that I'm concerned about him as a PF option next year. And because of his needed physical maturity, if he's only staying 1 year, I don't even know how excited I should be if he does pick UK.

But, if freshmen options are all you have, then I think Brooks at PF and Whitney at SF would work ok. And, of course, Montgomery is a big body (hopefully one that is even more physically honed next season) that can and does play PF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT