ADVERTISEMENT

Popes staff —3 additions.

I wouldn't want Fox on the trail at all but off court/non recruiter--good addition. He's run programs, knows Pope and he can trust him. If you view it as replacing Bruiser Flint-then it's a home run. But I think hiring myself would be a massive upgrade over Bruiser Flint and that's simply because I'd show up to work and not have a knife wound stripper named "Trix4Dix" on my lap with child party glitter all over me and the whiff of an STD at "Buns & Roses" near the corner of "Strung out and Wasted" BLVD.
Don’t hold back

• Haha
Reactions: JPFisher
So I believe we will have 2 staff spots left.

1 Non recruiting assistant & 1 Recruiting assistant. So far staff is going very well IMO.

Fueger - Offensive guru/evaluator/recruiter
Fox - NIL/GM type role
Hart - Recruiter/Can connect with you guys (45 YO)

Another interesting connection is Jason Hart was coaching Eric Mika who I believe was a BYU player of Mark Pope's on G-League Ignite.

Hart is going to be well liked by the fans and really help the program in an area that needs help.

Peja's kid who is at Stanford will likely visit now if you get him because Hart has deep ties to Compton Magic. Gilbert Arenas has an elite son in '26 class that would be someone he'd try to recruit as well as Koa Peat who you all know about.

I'd look for UK to be on Compton Magic kids pretty hard if Hart joins the Staff.

Did you seriously think hart isn’t a good hire?

Depends on what his focus is. Recruiting, yes because he has a rapport with talented kids and a lot of connections on the west coast.

Player development, not so much. Because a lot of the GLeague Ignite players have stunted their progress. Hence the team being disbanded.

What can you tell us about him?
I have responded to a few questions in the thread already and also posted about him a few times this past weekend when just throwing his name out as a guy I'd look at if I were Pope-which obviously he was ahead of things and doing.

Posted about Hart in

"Boogie and Quaintance vs The World" and "If Pope Wants to Kill on Recruiting Trail" Threads too.

I like the mix so far.

Fueger is your x and o genius.

Fox is your intelligent somewhat aged warhorse.

Hart is your guy with all the connections.
Those 2 are valued for their brains. And one guy valued because of his connections.

Color me surprised you would say that. 😮

Sounds like we have two solid recruiters between Fueger and Hart. I’m fine with Fox, too, as long as he isn’t in the same role as those other two. One more recruiter and non recruiter to go.

Hart was the head coach of the GLeague team that did so badly they disbanded the team.

He might be good for recruiting though.
f78b2cf1-99be-4ecc-8dfb-e2c11d60aa58_text.gif

Good God can you go 5 minutes without trashing the new HC or staff? Are you that ticked off that Cal is gone that you can’t have anything positive or productive to say? Give them a chance to prove themselves before going all Negative Nancy on it.

Reactions: delk4three
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT