ADVERTISEMENT

Pope with his daughter on the recruiting trail

Well his daughter is good looking so hes showing the recruits what ky girls look like
Highly doubt Popes intention is to visually pump his daughter out as bait. Log off the internet and touch grass. Let’s not lace something innocent with weird implications.

It’s a daughter spending time with her dad that’s been on the road nonstop…and she likely enjoys basketball as well so you’re getting to watch a sport you enjoy with someone you want to spend quality time with that has limited free time currently.

I don’t think you meant it ill-intentioned but statements like that can be perceived as off putting if he or his kids came across it

Last edited:
Highly doubt Popes intention is to visually pump his daughter out as bait. Log off the internet and touch grass. Let’s not lace something innocent with weird implications.

It’s a daughter spending time with her dad that’s been on the road nonstop…and she likely enjoys basketball as well so you’re getting to watch a sport you enjoy with someone you want to spend quality time with that has limited free time currently.

I don’t think you meant it ill-intentioned but statements like that can be perceived as off putting if he or his kids came across it
It pains me that people are having that as a first reaction to seeing this

It was a joke buddy

This is pretty interesting. Never have seen this with any other coach as far as I can remember. Very cool.

And maybe she’s there to also help translate Gen Z slang for him. Kind of brilliant actually because no almost 50 year old man can decipher that shit. I know because I’m a high school teacher and almost the same age as Pope.

I dunno man. Most girls would probably just laugh at the idea a dude thinking she’s hot. They seem like a family that has a pretty good sense of humor. Either way we can all agree - never found Brad that hot so….

Reactions: NociHTTP
Just a FYI, when y’all turn on Pope and stop trashing him in the future this will be one of the irrelevant things y’all hit him on.
Sarcastic Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

It's an extremely feminine way to sit. I'm half joking here, but I do find it kind of odd. And I wouldn't be at all shocked if some recruit was like "Wait, that's Coach Mark Pope? Really?"

Edit: Ha, I do see two others sitting like that, so maybe it's a trend.

Hmm… don’t know about a trend, kind of been happening for years. As ive come into my 30’s I do it more, I’ve realized how much more comfortable he is if I’m perching sideways in the chair. Men have been doing this forever especially tall man. My father always sat like that. I could post example after example. I don’t think it’s a recent thing.

stephen_a_smith_will_cain_1024x768-810x608.jpg

AB4MNWOZTD7QX633FHDBSNSI4Y.jpg

By5HyL-IIAMeRVV.png

Maybe Obama is a bad example here of masculinity sitting female style but Benjamin will straight up take no prisoners literally and he’s doing it too.

Last edited:
Hmm… don’t know about a trend, kind of been happening for years. As ive come into my 30’s I do it more, I’ve realized how much more comfortable he is if I’m perching sideways in the chair. Men have been doing this forever especially tall man. My father always sat like that. I could post example after example. I don’t think it’s a recent thing.

By5HyL-IIAMeRVV.png

Maybe Obama is a bad example here of masculinity sitting female style but Benjamin will straight up take no prisoners literally and he’s doing it too.

Not the best examples haha.

IDK, I always found it squashed my balls.

Reactions: Killswitch24
It's an extremely feminine way to sit. I'm half joking here, but I do find it kind of odd. And I wouldn't be at all shocked if some recruit was like "Wait, that's Coach Mark Pope? Really?"

Edit: Ha, I do see two others sitting like that, so maybe it's a trend.
I think it's just dudes sitting how they want, tbh. I've never understood the feminine vs masculine sitting thing. I sit both spread eagle and legs crossed. Not as crossed as Pope, but sometimes it's nice to not have my balls facing the world. Hell, maybe it's protection against an errant pass. 😂

Not the best examples haha.

IDK, I always found it squashed my balls.

Yea I hesitated posting the Obama pick due to the um, allegations or whatnot. And Stephen A Smith yea I get it….. I used to hit my dad on sitting that way because to me it was always uncomfortable. I just couldn’t do it for the reason you cite and it just seemed uncomfortable trying to get my leg across. I’ve never been what you’d call flexible either. But then I realized how comfortable it is to sit perched sideways and do it. I don’t always do it but sometimes if I’m sideways in the chair it’s pretty comfortable.

Maybe it's sort of a tall-guy thing? Seems to be a lot of how basketball folks sit in those chairs. But yeah, growing up in the 90s and 2000s, sitting like that was jsut a big no-no. You could ruin you're entire highschool experience if you got caught sitting like that lol.

Again, I'm half joking. I don't think it makes any real difference.

Maybe it's sort of a tall-guy thing? Seems to be a lot of how basketball folks sit in those chairs. But yeah, growing up in the 90s and 2000s, sitting like that was jsut a big no-no. You could ruin you're entire highschool experience if you got caught sitting like that lol.

Again, I'm half joking. I don't think it makes any real difference.

Oh for sure I wouldn’t have been caught dead sitting like that freshman year of 2001. Ah hell nah especially in the southern part of the US for sure. Nah.

It’s a tall guy thing mostly. I’m not tall but my father is 6’4 and he always sat like that.

By5HyL-IIAMeRVV.png

LMAO. Idk how men sit like that. It's gotta. be the whole leg in lap. That shit is what women do.

• Haha
If you haven’t figured out where your balls go when you sit down and how to manage things down there by the time you’re in your thirties you’ve got bigger fish to fry.
Boxer briefs hold it all together nicely. Regular boxers? The risk of sitting on your sack. increases I'd imagine. SNL had a commercial for a nut bra back in the day. Absolutely hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT