ADVERTISEMENT

Pope or Calipari. A poll

Pope or Calipari

• Pope

Votes: 203 51.4%
  • Calipari

Votes: 192 48.6%

• Total voters
I'm not stoked about the Pope hire. I guess between the two I'll go with Pope just because Cal was obviously done at Ky. I loved what Cal did early but dude was burnt at this job. Lets go Pope. I guess.. See my punctuation.. Not real excited.

Reactions: KFuqua
It was time for Cal to go so I voted Pope.

Def shocked and disappointed it went this way tho our AD seemingly has learned nothing from his past mistakes.

At this point nothing else to do other than to accept it and root our new coach and the team on.

I’ve said for 2+ year “anyone but Kal.” But I never in a million years dreamed that anyone would fall to the level of Pope. Figured at worst it would be Drew/Beard/Pearl/Oates/Wade.

So amazingly I’d rather have Kal. Smfh.

• Haha
Cal and here’s why. What we’ve learned since cal left is Barney has been the problem the entire time.

• Haha
Pope is a 3 star recruiter....
Kentucky is effectively on a MAJOR decline.
This hire is on par with the Syracuse hire...
BUST!
eff barn-hard!

I’d take Cal over pretty much any coach outside of the top 4/5 guys we wanted.

He at least keeps us relevant, for better or for worse. You have the same results with Pope and you fade into irrelevancy.

• Haha
300 votes and Cal is leading this poll….amazing and so telling. Shameful Mitch, shameful

At least Pope has been coaching a bit. I watched that BYU Kansas game a few weeks back where BYU won. I was impressed. Gotta show he can get some players here. We all need to get behind Pope.

Yeah, I was impressed when we best UT on the road. It's a long season. He won nothing of relevance, just like us.

Give me the coach of Oakland over Cal. How hard is it to understand that Cal doesn’t give two shits about winning a championship. He’s got his game plan. It’s to fool these elite athletes to blindly follow him and he will “ get” them to the league. He surrounded himself with all this talent and people just kept making excuses for him. I’ll take any D1 and half the D2 coaches over the con man.

Pope has shown zero ability to bring in top talent to this point.

I get that he has been at weak programs, but as BCG proved, the Kentucky name alone isn't enough to get it done.

I'm struggling to find a reason why top recruits would want to come play for Mark Pope, and without elite talent, we are not going to win big.

Barring a miracle, this will not end well.

• Haha
Pope has shown zero ability to bring in top talent to this point.

I get that he has been at weak programs, but as BCG proved, the Kentucky name alone isn't enough to get it done.

I'm struggling to find a reason why top recruits would want to come play for Mark Pope, and without elite talent, we are not going to win big.

Barring a miracle, this will not end well.
Respect your opinion. But UConn just rolled everybody 2 years straight without a bunch of 5 stars. Maybe with the right fits for his style Pope can succeed.

Cal was at the end of his time here or near it.

What cal wasn’t- was the fat bastard a hole prick son of a bysh that people started calling him the last few years.

In the last year or two, We should have had grown up conversations with cal and Mitch and Eli and figured out a plan that allowed cal to have a retirement plan and us a successor plan. Last few years sucked but the decade before was too good- and even though the last few years sucked it’s not like the seasons were complete shyt. Covid year we had title contender. St Peter’s year we were top ten and this past we finished 9th. So was it Kentucky standard? No.. but at the very least the decade prior and just how low we were upon his arrival and the INSTANT rise from the ashes should have earned coach calipari the privilege to not be treated like the shyt on the bottom of a shoe that many of you here showed.

With that said, I’ll be pulling for mark pope to smash that first decade success with multiple titles. These next three years are going to determine if we can have a lifer that loves the university and we may even have multi year players again… or if we’re back to doing this again and looking for the next Cal to take us back to the top.

Why so many of the LoD now pining for Cal? wtf I thought y’all wanted him gone? You knew as well as anyone Cal was poisoning the program. He turned us into an NBA draft camp. He stopped giving a crap about winning, so much so he literally started players based on promises, draft potential, and hurt fee-fees over who deserved to start. Because hey “Greatest Day in Kentucky History!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo7
Why because he isn’t asking Pope to be fired before he steps on campus.
No, because he is making unreasonable demands. And thinks because he bought a t-shirt he has a right. No rebuilding year. Win now, or we'll get someone better. Only we won't. Because nobody wants to deal with these people and their unreasonable demands.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Cal was horrid, and needed to change or go. Fans can't help it that Mitch is a moron.
But we all knew he was a moron. I was on board firing Cal provided we'd get a home run hire lined up. But that part is on Cal too I guess. This just seems desperate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT