ADVERTISEMENT

Pope is on ESPN in 2 min

HEY SCOTTIE. YOUR INTERVIEW IS REAL GOOD AND ALL, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT MARK POPE HAS THE MOST SPORTS FANS OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

taylor swift news GIF by NowThis
you must have inside info, he said he's a big Swifty fan

Coach Pope came on right after Scottie Scheffler. I thought he did a very good job with the interview. Positive, enthusiastic, no bad-mouthing CCC ... just looking at going forward to hang National Championship banners ! Couldn't have been much better, from my standpoint !
Way to go, Coach Pope ! ! !
Go 'Cats ! ! !

Coach Pope came on right after Scottie Scheffler. I thought he did a very good job with the interview. Positive, enthusiastic, no bad-mouthing CCC ... just looking at going forward to hang National Champtionship banners ! Couldn't have been much better, from my standpoint !
Way to go, Coach Pope ! ! !
Go 'Cats ! ! !
If this were a Duke new coach interview, they'd have made a full day celebration of it.

Back in the day some of my buddies and I hung out with Pope a few times because he befriended our 6’6” friend and used to treat him like his mini-me. I can confirm the ultracool personality you see on TV is if anything toned down from what Mark is in real life. It’s no kind of act at all.

Just a general introduction to the viewing public. UK bball is alive and refreshed.

Last edited:
I liked how he answered the question about Cal. I think that was asked to try to get him to give a negative soundbite, but that won’t work on Positive

I liked how he answered the question about Cal. I think that was asked to try to get him to give a negative soundbite, but that won’t work on Positive Pope.
Handled it with the true class of a leader/fan!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT