ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Hogs

Jan 5, 2018
I know we are focused on our guys, but it looks like our roster is pretty much filled out. My question is as follows: is there drama in piggie land? Why hasn’t DJ signed yet?

I know we are focused on our guys, but it looks like our roster is pretty much filled out. My question is as follows: is there drama in piggie land? Why hasn’t DJ signed yet?
Cal has probably recruited a couple upperclassmen that are coming back to college and he wants to sign them before DJ comes in to steal their promised minutes.

He's negotiating terms for a shorter rim as we speak.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

And thereby take minutes from guys who were promised minutes?

Makes sense, coming from Cal.
Will the NCAA hold these foreign guys hostage over a few bucks they might have earned playing overseas? Was that a Cal thing or an UK thing with the NCAA. Think we will be getting a fairer shake in those instances from now on?

Cal is trying to convince 2 high profile foreign guys to come to Arkansas and hold off on the draft.
Hugo Gonzalez (SG-Spain-6'6"-Projeted T5 2025 pick) and Nolan Traore (PG-France-6'4"-Projected T10 2025 pick) are the two I heard. Supposedly Bama, Gonzaga, and Xavier are in on Traore as well.

Can't be concerned with with what Arky is doing any more than what any of the other SEC schools are doing. We know Cal will get players. I'm sure he will sign a top class in '25. We know how that pans out these days though.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think the portal kids have figured out Cal's patterns and talk to each other behind the scenes, knowing they might get recruited over intentionally and misled by a supposed open spot so Cow can stack players again. You have to think these older better experience players are figuring out that Cow will happily deny them deserved minutes to have more "flash" appeal for his NBA prospects. Kids aren't dumb these days.

Cal may be telling DJ Wagner that now that he’s at Arkansas that he can’t guarantee minutes, much less a starter. That guarantee was only for the year at UK. Cal knows he has to win now to pacify the Hogs, so maybe the light has come on. I’m guessing that Cal will play the portal guys over Wagner (assuming Wagner actually joins the Arkansas team).

Cal may be telling DJ Wagner that now that he’s at Arkansas that he can’t guarantee minutes, much less a starter. That guarantee was only for the year at UK. Cal knows he has to win now to pacify the Hogs, so maybe the light has come on. I’m guessing that Cal will play the portal guys over Wagner (assuming Wagner actually joins the Arkansas team).
Yup I could see that too, I would say the Wake up call for Cal we've all been waiting so many years for should have sunk in now, you would think!!!
Im interested to see what he does, and specifically, how he tries to correct his extraordinarily poor defensive coaching if late.

Not to be rude, and I know it is so I apologize lol, but who cares, we aren't Arkansas
It's fine if you don't care. I get it. But for some of us, sports in general is a hobby and we keep up with what our opposing teams are doing. It's interesting to us. If it's not to you, I'll remind you that's it's not a requirement to post in threads that don't interest you. I promise the mods won't ban you if you don't.

Cal wants a roster of 8 or 9 guys and use former college players as grad assistants to fill in during practice, Cal is not interested in building a program; he wants to run an NBA combine to prepare guys for the NBA and "change lives". Cal recently commented how important it is for Big Z to step up and get drafted this year because it will help with recruiting international players.
Yet, Hog fans think he could win 2 Natty's in the next 5 years....they don't see that run away train coming down the tracks.

Last edited:
There was an article on ESPN this morning with Nolan Richardson saying he thinks Cal can win a national championship at Arkansas with the way he recruits. I don't guess Nolans been paying attention lately, he either had the number 1 or 2 class the last I don't know how many years and hasn't got past the second round, lately the first round. I don't know if he felt like he had to say that or just don't know what's going on, I guess he has gotten over his hate for Arkansas after the fallout he had with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There was an article on ESPN this morning with Nolan Richardson saying he thinks Cal can win a national championship at Arkansas with the way he recruits. I don't guess Nolans been paying attention lately, he either had the number 1 or 2 class the last I don't know how many years and hasn't got past the second round, lately the first round. I don't know if he felt like he had to say that or just don't know what's going on, I guess he has gotten over his hate for Arkansas after the fallout he had with them.
Or, maybe he does still hate them and he's just building their hopes up only to laugh when they are crushed.

I'm starting to think the portal kids have figured out Cal's patterns and talk to each other behind the scenes, knowing they might get recruited over intentionally and misled by a supposed open spot so Cow can stack players again. You have to think these older better experience players are figuring out that Cow will happily deny them deserved minutes to have more "flash" appeal for his NBA prospects. Kids aren't dumb these days.
I suppose that is why Arkansas has the #1 portal group coming in.
Most older players know your statement to be total BS. You know, they did watch Antonio and Trey last year.
It really seems like I see Cals name on this board as much as I did months ago. It really is time to move on imo.

Hugo Gonzalez (SG-Spain-6'6"-Projeted T5 2025 pick) and Nolan Traore (PG-France-6'4"-Projected T10 2025 pick) are the two I heard. Supposedly Bama, Gonzaga, and Xavier are in on Traore as well.

Can't be concerned with with what Arky is doing any more than what any of the other SEC schools are doing. We know Cal will get players. I'm sure he will sign a top class in '25. We know how that pans out these days though.
Part of the reason for the recent NIL push by Cal et al.

It's fine if you don't care. I get it. But for some of us, sports in general is a hobby and we keep up with what our opposing teams are doing. It's interesting to us. If it's not to you, I'll remind you that's it's not a requirement to post in threads that don't interest you. I promise the mods won't ban you if you don't.
“I’ll remind you that it’s not a requirement to post” if you don’t agree with my take lol

Reactions: NociHTTP
I suppose that is why Arkansas has the #1 portal group coming in.
Most older players know your statement to be total BS. You know, they did watch Antonio and Trey last year.
It really seems like I see Cals name on this board as much as I did months ago. It really is time to move on imo.
So your saying Cow didn't play undeserving less productive by numbers freshmen last year over deserving upperclassmen? While Trey only sometimes, I felt like Reeve's often times was sitting unnecessarily while wag or Edwards just HAD to be in there instead of our most productive 3 guard lineup, we all know what it was. So yes

So your saying Cow didn't play undeserving less productive by numbers freshmen last year over deserving upperclassmen? While Trey only sometimes, I felt like Reeve's often times was sitting unnecessarily while wag or Edwards just HAD to be in there instead of our most productive 3 guard lineup, we all know what it was. So yes
You can’t talk to Hogs fans. They will buy his sales pitch and then fall flat and repeat just like we did. It will take them 4-5 years to figure it out.

“I’ll remind you that it’s not a requirement to post” if you don’t agree with my take lol
What was wrong with what PTM said? A lot of us, including myself, get much of our information about our opponents from this board. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me so I don't click on them. I clicked on this one because the Hogs are one of our competitors so I like to know what's going on there without hanging out on their board(if they have one).

Maybe you can answer something for me that I really do not understand: why does somebody click on a thread that does not interest them and make a post stating their lack of interest in that thread? I honestly do not understand the psychology behind that...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT