ADVERTISEMENT

Duke loses another player

Other than Roach and Mitchell looks like a bunch of people who never got playing time
Two of the remaining guys were top 25 recruits but Scheyer is like Coach K and doesn't play over 6-7 deep. You can't load up on talent and only play 6 guys more than 12 minutes per game

Reactions: awf
If you don’t like open NIL, Duke having issues is what while drive change. If Duke doesn’t like it the NCAA will take action.
The courts have made the NCAA unable to act. Aside from players getting meaningfully compensated, this (and the Duke exodus) may be the best thing to come out of NIL and the transfer portal.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Nothing like cracking a cold one on a Friday afternoon and watching Duke catch fire.

Beer Dog Beer GIF - Beer Dog Beer GIFs

Sean Stewart just left . Stewart becomes the 7th Duke player to hit the portal this offseason, joining Jeremy Roach, Mark Mitchell, Jaylen Blakes, TJ Power, Christian Reeves and Jaden Schutt. Thy are screwed but several so called experts still have them 1 to start the season
Awesome recruiting class.

If NIL and the transfer portal is allowed to exist without some regulation, college basketball is over. This is way too much, too fast, and no one knows the rules

So much for Duke being such a "special" place where every great player wants to live in harmony.

Seinfeld Laughter GIF - Seinfeld Laughter Kramer GIFs
there is not a place like that on the continent. It is play me now and pay me now and I don't see it changing any time soon. I believe very few care anymore what the front of the jersey has on it

Sean Stewart just left . Stewart becomes the 7th Duke player to hit the portal this offseason, joining Jeremy Roach, Mark Mitchell, Jaylen Blakes, TJ Power, Christian Reeves and Jaden Schutt. Thy are screwed but several so called experts still have them 1 to start the season
They can still field at team at least.

I guess Duke is not paying enough

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

I don't feel sorry for the NCAA at all. If they had done the morally and legally right thing years ago, they could have gotten ahead of all this. And the NCAA wouldn't be complete free agency right now.

Think about the morality of this ..... College Presidents signed off that they would rather argue in court that players were "student-athletes", and didn't deserve playing injuries covered under workman's comp. because it was too costly. Think about real hard, because that was the first of many days the NCAA chose to keep their vast stacks of cash at the expense of college students.

Reap what you sow.

Ironically, a players union is all that can save college sports now. And the schools are greedily fighting it. But a union would allow collective bargaining, and hence a salary cap. But it would no doubt separate revenue generating sporting from the NCAA, leaving it back where it was probably 70 years financially.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I don't believe any UK fan has ever uttered those 2 words together in the same sentence. Are you feeling ok?

Let's not pretend that some of these lesser incoming freshman for Duke, are in any way better than guys like Roach, or Mitchell, or Flip.. or really any of the rest. The guys that are leaving Duke were rated pretty much the same.

Duke has ONE sure fire propect: Flagg. He's your John Wall, your Jayson Tatum. He will very likely be an impact player from day1 (but he's not a guarantee either. As we saw with Justin Edwards).

And thats kind of it. You could MAYBE put Evans in there, maybe Maluach.. but no one else. The other guys are very likely going to struggle as freshman, as almost every non top10 freshman does.

I would not trade in those 7 transfer for the 7 incoming freshman. I wouldn't have traded Reed, Edwards, DJ and Bradshaw, for our top4 freshman coming in. And especially now with 5th and 6th year COVID players.

• Haha
Reactions: Catcatcatcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT