ADVERTISEMENT

polls are out

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

Originally posted by CatEye2010:

IU at 23 in both polls. They're baaack! Time to give Clappy an extension.

B1G really down. IU, though, should be challenged in next 5 games. Then some voters that are pro- B1G will have to send up Iowa, or Penn State, or whoever into the Top 25. Meanwhile, Arky loses a game and drops from 19 to 34. in AP.
Look, I get the woe is SEC nonsense on here, but Arkansas got their asses kicked at home by 14 and lost at mediocre UT. They lost TWICE (both games) this past week.
Arkansas is where they should be in the coaches poll just outside the top 25 as they don't deserve to be ranked at this time .but UT just isn't medicore . Are they great ? No but they have a pretty decent shot at making the tourney due to the incredibly hard schedule they played OCC and unlike UF they actually won one or two of those games.
Miami fan....

Originally posted by gossie21:
Originally posted by Seth C:
You mean the writer who said it was all about how you performed this week didn't actually reward Kentucky for their amazing performance THIS week and instead kept his vote with Virginia? Shocker.
I always found that to be a ridiculous position. UK played two close games and get penalized most likely due to the voters personal bias rather than any personal voting standard.

I love seeing Indiana back in the polls though. I hope they can manage to stick around for a couple weeks. Or however long it takes to iron out the details on Tom Crean's extension.
Alabama man....

Originally posted by brdmn22:
Virginia didn't exactly suck this week. Maybe the guy was more impressed with their wins.
Alabama man....

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

Originally posted by brdmn22:
Virginia didn't exactly suck this week. Maybe the guy was more impressed with their wins.
How so? What logic could one use there? They were up 3 on BC with 7 minutes to go...a team that is 500 on the year. They were VERY unimpressive, but I guess the writer (like you) just looked at the final score and saw they won by 15.
Alabama man....

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
Guys UK is #1 and UVA is #2 and both are 17-0.
UK garnered 63 of 65 first places votes, I'm fine with that.
Kansas fan....

Originally posted by .S&C.:
Cane, that is why I said tennessee is a sleeper to win the SECT a few weeks back. People should not sleep on UT. they have guys who can win, and a good coach.

The sec is fine. Next year and the year after we should have 3-7 ranked teams depending.
Tar heel fan in Tenn....

Arizona fan that like to post all of our glorious records on the bottom of his fan page.... We have several posters that do this....

Originally posted by Seth C:

Originally posted by The_Answer1313:
We have 63 of 65 first place votes

If two guys want feel UVA is the better team or has looked more impressive, so be it lol
To be clear, I absolutely don't care who anyone votes for. That is, until one of them writes an article on ESPN to brag and justify his reasoning for NOT voting for Kentucky. At that point I expect him to follow the rules he himself publicly set.

No, scratch that. I know better. I know he will follow whatever rules he can come up with to not vote for Kentucky, no matter how much of a hypocrite it makes him. But I'll call him out for his childish behavior.
Of course. He explained his reasoning and you just want that to be consistent with his other votes. That being said he had UVA #1 to begin with. I mean they won by 23 and 14. I would see very little reason for him to change his vote.

I actually give the guy credit. He's obviously going against the grain. He's wrong but I'm glad he's not just following everyone else, and gave a justification for his vote.

Originally posted by ukmonty2001:
Originally posted by bigbluelou:
So Wisconsin wins its only game by 15 and drops 3 spots. Utah and KU both get sh*t stomped and move up 1 and 3 respectively. Okay.

Yeah I get they were against ranked teams but other teams lose and are penalized. Doesn't matter who they played. I just don't get the KU love at this time. They have good upside but right now they don't deserve their ranking.
Not sure where you saw that. Looking at the AP poll linked by the OP, Wisconsin went up a spot, while KU and Utah dropped 2 and 4 spots, respectively. In the Coaches poll, Wisconsin again went up 1, while Utah dropped 3 and KU dropped 4.
Oh, sorry. Was looking on my phone and must have misread the small print. My bad.

Two undefeated teams at #1/2, two once beaten ones at 3/4, and 4 teams with 2 losses. Then you have a pack of 4 with 3 losses ahead of Maryland with 2. I'd say that's a pretty reasonable snapshot of how things are at this moment. UVa won't lose this week. But then they have Duke, UNC, and UL. They make it through those undefeated and then I'll start to be truly impressed. Not that I'm not already.

If those were the top 8 seeds I'm pretty sure you'd see UK paired with Wisconsin in the Midwest, and UVa would get ND in the South. Then 'Nova/Duke in the East, and of course 'Zona/Zags in the West. I'm not convinced ND will hang on to 8th, but those first 7 could end up being the top 7 seeds.

Impressive job by Crean. He's overcome cheating scandals (gary Harris and Hanner Perera) extensive alcohol and drug problems in the program, Over-recruiting and players being "creaned" every single year, significant transfers,and an incredible record of underachieving and not winning a sweet 16 game in seven seasons. Great work! They are definitely back.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 1/19 6:40 PM by Double Tay

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Originally posted by:KAMPUSKORNER
I hope both programs go undefeated until the national chsmpionship game. Lots of controversy. Lots of interest. The most watched chsmpionship game in history. Then I hope UK beats them by 30. My life would
be complete!!

Mine as well, just toss in a hook-up with Jennifer Aniston.

This post was edited on 1/20 4:20 PM by Joerupp

Originally posted by The_Answer1313:
We have 63 of 65 first place votes

If two guys want feel UVA is the better team or has looked more impressive, so be it lol
Can anyone tell me who those two guys are. I know we seem to know who one is at least, but I don't. Just wondering who those freaks are.

ADVERTISEMENT