ADVERTISEMENT

polls are out

What are those big red L's under Duke and Louisville?

Whatever they are I think they look pretty cool.

Bad news for Haters wishing for a UK loss: UK #1 in both major polls and no other SEC team ranked in top 25.
Rut Ro

Originally posted by BlueSince92:

Yeah, those things are a good look on some teams for sure. Would be hideous on us though.

Originally posted by TriangleUKCat:

Originally posted by BlueSince92:

Yeah, those things are a good look on some teams for sure. Would be hideous on us though.
Agreed!

I'm hoping Duke and Wisconsin win the rest of their conference games so as to lock up #1 seeds.

Don't want to give the committee a chance to screw over Kentucky in their regional.

IU at 23 in both polls. They're baaack! Time to give Clappy an extension.

B1G really down. IU, though, should be challenged in next 5 games. Then some voters that are pro- B1G will have to send up Iowa, or Penn State, or whoever into the Top 25. Meanwhile, Arky loses a game and drops from 19 to 34. in AP.

Originally posted by CatEye2010:

B1G really down. IU, though, should be challenged in next 5 games. Then some voters that are pro- B1G will have to send up Iowa, or Penn State, or whoever into the Top 25. Meanwhile, Arky loses a game and drops from 19 to 34. in AP.
Look, I get the woe is SEC nonsense on here, but Arkansas got their asses kicked at home by 14 and lost at mediocre UT. They lost TWICE (both games) this past week.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

Look, I get the woe is SEC nonsense on here, but Arkansas got their asses kicked at home by 14 and lost at mediocre UT. They lost TWICE (both games) this past week.
Arkansas is where they should be in the coaches poll just outside the top 25 as they don't deserve to be ranked at this time .but UT just isn't medicore . Are they great ? No but they have a pretty decent shot at making the tourney due to the incredibly hard schedule they played OCC and unlike UF they actually won one or two of those games.

You mean the writer who said it was all about how you performed this week didn't actually reward Kentucky for their amazing performance THIS week and instead kept his vote with Virginia? Shocker.

Originally posted by Seth C:
You mean the writer who said it was all about how you performed this week didn't actually reward Kentucky for their amazing performance THIS week and instead kept his vote with Virginia? Shocker.
I always found that to be a ridiculous position. UK played two close games and get penalized most likely due to the voters personal bias rather than any personal voting standard.

I love seeing Indiana back in the polls though. I hope they can manage to stick around for a couple weeks. Or however long it takes to iron out the details on Tom Crean's extension.

Originally posted by brdmn22:
Virginia didn't exactly suck this week. Maybe the guy was more impressed with their wins.
How so? What logic could one use there? They were up 3 on BC with 7 minutes to go...a team that is 500 on the year. They were VERY unimpressive, but I guess the writer (like you) just looked at the final score and saw they won by 15.

Guys UK is #1 and UVA is #2 and both are 17-0.
UK garnered 63 of 65 first places votes, I'm fine with that.

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

Arkansas is where they should be in the coaches poll just outside the top 25 as they don't deserve to be ranked at this time .but UT just isn't medicore . Are they great ? No but they have a pretty decent shot at making the tourney due to the incredibly hard schedule they played OCC and unlike UF they actually won one or two of those games.
Butler is Tennessee's only decent OOC win. Their overall SOS isn't "incredibly hard" either. They're going to be on the bubble just like every other non UK SEC team.

Cane, that is why I said tennessee is a sleeper to win the SECT a few weeks back. People should not sleep on UT. they have guys who can win, and a good coach.

The sec is fine. Next year and the year after we should have 3-7 ranked teams depending.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:

I'm hoping Duke and Wisconsin win the rest of their conference games so as to lock up #1 seeds.

Don't want to give the committee a chance to screw over Kentucky in their regional.
Maybe it's hubris, but I'm not worried about who this team plays or what round it's in.

Originally posted by CELTICAT:

Maybe it's hubris, but I'm not worried about who this team plays or what round it's in.
I agree with the lone exception of a healthy and rolling Tx team.

We have 7 wins of 30 or more (4 of them over 40), they have 2. We also have better wins.

We could be the only undefeated team and someone would still find a reason to vote for somebody else.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
We have 7 wins of 30 or more (4 of them over 40), they have 2. We also have better wins.

We could be the only undefeated team and someone would still find a reason to vote for somebody else.
this

Originally posted by JohnBlue_:
How is louisville still in the top ten? They don't have a good win all season and have lost every challenge.
Excellent question. It looks like UofL's best win on the season was against IU who just barely managed to sneak into the polls. OSU is 3-3 in the Big Ten and Minnesota is 1-5. Other than that they have wins against Clemson (2-3 ACC), Wake Forrest (1-4) and VaTech (0-4)

Up to this point their blind resume is absolutely terrible.

Originally posted by Blueaz:

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:

this
and that's fine, because you can bet your bottom dollar that Cal uses it

We have 63 of 65 first place votes

If two guys want feel UVA is the better team or has looked more impressive, so be it lol

So Wisconsin wins its only game by 15 and drops 3 spots. Utah and KU both get sh*t stomped and move up 1 and 3 respectively. Okay.

Yeah I get they were against ranked teams but other teams lose and are penalized. Doesn't matter who they played. I just don't get the KU love at this time. They have good upside but right now they don't deserve their ranking.

Virginia could lose and UK won't ever be unanimous. There will always be one voter that will find any reason to not put UK #1. My guess is the sole AP voter that had Duke #1 until they lost is the same one that now has UVA there. When UVA loses, he'll vote Gonzaga #1.

What time is the banner hanging ceremony and ceremonial net cutting?
This post was edited on 1/19 5:04 PM by kats23

Originally posted by JohnBlue_:
How is louisville still in the top ten? They don't have a good win all season and have lost every challenge.
Easy - ACC bias. Voters will keep them there because it bolsters the ACC-is-best hype, and it allows their favorites (Duke, UNC, UVA, etc) to "beat" a top 10 team and look even more impressive.

Originally posted by The_Answer1313:
We have 63 of 65 first place votes

If two guys want feel UVA is the better team or has looked more impressive, so be it lol
To be clear, I absolutely don't care who anyone votes for. That is, until one of them writes an article on ESPN to brag and justify his reasoning for NOT voting for Kentucky. At that point I expect him to follow the rules he himself publicly set.

No, scratch that. I know better. I know he will follow whatever rules he can come up with to not vote for Kentucky, no matter how much of a hypocrite it makes him. But I'll call him out for his childish behavior.

Originally posted by bigbluelou:
So Wisconsin wins its only game by 15 and drops 3 spots. Utah and KU both get sh*t stomped and move up 1 and 3 respectively. Okay.

Yeah I get they were against ranked teams but other teams lose and are penalized. Doesn't matter who they played. I just don't get the KU love at this time. They have good upside but right now they don't deserve their ranking.
Not sure where you saw that. Looking at the AP poll linked by the OP, Wisconsin went up a spot, while KU and Utah dropped 2 and 4 spots, respectively. In the Coaches poll, Wisconsin again went up 1, while Utah dropped 3 and KU dropped 4.

I hope both programs go undefeated until the national chsmpionship game. Lots of controversy. Lots of interest. The most watched chsmpionship game in history. Then I hope UK beats them by 30. My life would be complete!!

Originally posted by kats23:

What time is the banner hanging ceremony and ceremonial net cutting?
This post was edited on 1/19 5:04 PM by kats23
Thursday. They also have little individual participation trophies to hand out.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
Bad news for Haters wishing for a UK loss: UK #1 in both major polls and no other SEC team ranked in top 25.
Rut Ro
Kansas fan.......

Originally posted by Kampus Korner:
I hope both programs go undefeated until the national chsmpionship game. Lots of controversy. Lots of interest. The most watched chsmpionship game in history. Then I hope UK beats them by 30. My life would be complete!!
Virginia probably won't even make the Final Four...and they sure as hell are not going undefeated in the regular season.

Illinois fan.......

ADVERTISEMENT