Votes: 6 5.7%
  • A&M wins by >10 points

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
A lot of good discussion about A&M recently. Lots of concern about their backs being against the wall, can't start 0-3 in the league, UK's so-so performance against Mizzou, etc. So, given all the dynamics, predict the outcome.

ETA: I don't look at game lines, odds, etc. when I create these polls, fwiw.

Last edited:
This just feels like a bad match-up at a bad time for the Cats. I won't read too much into a loss in this game, even one in which it appears the Cats are frustrated and regressing in some areas from some recent crisp performances. It's all part of growing up in the SEC.

And no, I'm not a perpetual gloom-and-doom poster. I expected a win in Florida and over Missouri -- and over UNC-Cheats. And I'm bullish on the Cats this year overall. I hope the team proves me wrong Saturday. I'll actually move closer to seeing the game as a toss-up if word comes that Adou Thiero is 100 percent.
Completely agree with everything you said. I'm picking a UK win with my heart, but a low margin of victory and would not be shocked if we took a L.

11 people thinks A&M wins. I'd like to think they are visiting A&M or other fans, but unfortunately I'm sure all 11 are supposedly "UK" fans that will argue they are being "realistic".

• Angry
Reactions: BBUK
I think UK wins by at least 15. These kids are learning and A&M is not what they seem to be. I just hope these Killers on this Cat team are using what they've learned. If so they should start capitalizing on mistakes and not letting other teams back in it...as much...

The UK D has to start showing up at least a little soon....

Reactions: TheDude73
Completely agree with everything you said. I'm picking a UK win with my heart, but a low margin of victory and would not be shocked if we took a L.

Even MdW removed the post. Come on BBL, put down the sauce so early in "da" days...

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I truly believe a&m won’t be able to hang with us but I don’t see how you cannot be the slightest bit worried we could take an L in that place.
We all know too well officiating, crowd, and bad decisions can cause an off game. This team is different and very composed far more talented than a&m. I pick us to win by 6-10.
I don’t know today just been having this bad feeling than I see Kentucky Facebook page say enjoy the process. That’s what Cal would say after a loss usually lol.

Reactions: bigbluelou
11 people thinks A&M wins. I'd like to think they are visiting A&M or other fans, but unfortunately I'm sure all 11 are supposedly "UK" fans that will argue they are being "realistic".
A&M is favored.

A&M is favored.
And that's about as ridiculous as I've ever seen.

Quick glance - no other top 10 team is an underdog to an unranked nearly .500 team. Only #19 SDSU is an underdog on the road to a 13-3 New Mexico. That makes more sense because NM is 13-3 and probably knocking on the door to the top 25.

I know Vegas sets lines to draw bettors, but I believe they also roll in some anecdotal stuff like Cal's teams historically have dropped games just like these, right when they have the opportunity to jump up in not only the polls, but NET and other key March seeding indicators.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBUK

Quick glance - no other top 10 team is an underdog to an unranked nearly .500 team. Only #19 SDSU is an underdog on the road to a 13-3 New Mexico. That makes more sense because NM is 13-3 and probably knocking on the door to the top 25.

I know Vegas sets lines to draw bettors, but they also do it because they have information or their models use analytics/stats to determine a probable outcome. But do they also roll in some anecdotal stuff like Cal's teams historically have dropped games just like these, right when they have the opportunity to jump up in not only the polls, but NET and other key March seeding indicators?
What history would that be?

I’ve seen that referred to here. Nowhere else. And just anecdotally here.

What games like this have Cal’s teams dropped? Can you name even one?

But even if it were true the oddsmakers don’t give stuff like that one ounce of weight.

They couldn’t care less about feelings or the past.

It’s purely business to them.

What history would that be?

I’ve seen that referred to here. Nowhere else. And just anecdotally here.

What games like this have Cal’s teams dropped? Can you name even one?

But even if it were true the oddsmakers don’t give stuff like that one ounce of weight.

They couldn’t care less about feelings or the past.

It’s purely business to them.
Well let's see....

The flood gates opened a couple of years ago in the NCAA tournament and we had the easiest path we've ever had with Kansas State standing in our way. LOST.

The rest are anecdotal but I know they exist. We've had multiple opportunities to win games we should have won to either beef up our resume, or move up in the polls because other teams have lost ahead of us. I'm not going to go digging around in week-by-week rankings and results because you'll just poke holes in it.

You know as well as anyone here that Cal and his teams of the last 3-4 years have disappointed in games where everyone thought we should win, but we blew it. Where we got all excited about the direction the team was going, only to see the team flop and flail against far inferior opponents in the SEC schedule.

There is ZERO rationale for A&M - an 8-6 garbage team - to be favored over the #6 team in the country. No other team not named Kentucky and ranked #6 would be going into A&M an underdog. It's just mind boggling.

Care to explain it from your Cal ball sucking perspective?

I know Vegas sets lines to draw bettors, but I believe they also roll in some anecdotal stuff like Cal's teams historically have dropped games just like these, right when they have the opportunity to jump up in not only the polls, but NET and other key March seeding indicators.

Not much of a gambler, if at all but that type of line could also pull in a LOT of angry betting. I'd bet against that crapola...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT