POLL: NIL $$$ Question

Can UK have enough NIL $$$ to support football and badkeyball

• YES

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Can UK generate enough NIL $$$ to be regularly competitive in both football and basketball ??
Not everybody defines "competitive" the same way in regards to their expectations. Do you have a minimum threshold on wins or some other metric?

I believe that UK can generate a significant amount of money, but it would probably only be around the middle of the SEC at best when it comes to football spending. The team would probably be considered competitive, especially when playing any other out of conference school, but we probably won't be winning 10+ games every year in football with an revamped SEC schedule.

Reactions: megablue
Not everybody defines "competitive" the same way in regards to their expectations. Do you have a minimum threshold on wins or some other metric?

I believe that UK can generate a significant amount of money, but it would probably only be around the middle of the SEC at best when it comes to football spending. The team would probably be considered competitive, especially when playing any other out of conference school, but we probably won't be winning 10+ games every year in football with an revamped SEC schedule.
Regularly win at least half of our SEC games in football … would be “competitive” and not an unreasonable expectation … to go along with the usual high expectations for basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: YardCat
I agree, get the FB team to win 7-8 games a year and the money will go there, but right now the boosters love Pope a lot more and BB will get more because we are a basketball school again thanks to Stoops.

Reactions: megablue
The football roster is 7x larger than the basketball roster so that doesn't seem to be an issue. Plus starting next season teams will likely be able to pay players directly which will reduce the importance of NIL.

Reactions: mrschwump
The football roster is 7x larger than the basketball roster so that doesn't seem to be an issue. Plus starting next season teams will likely be able to pay players directly which will reduce the importance of NIL.
Where does the money come from and does UK have enough of it ??

TV revenue. ticket sales, K-fund donations, registered merchandise sales, general donations from boosters.
I have no idea what UK's finances look like.
Gotcha … but what are they doing with that money now ?? If simply a redirection of funds, other uses will get short-changed.

I voted yes because of course they so. Doesn't mean football will ever win anything that matters because the other big wig sec programs have more money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT