Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
What happens in the coming days ??

Last edited:
Since no one on here knows exactly what is going on behind the scene at UK football, there is absolutely no way to know whether he will go or stay.

Does LC just have one year on his contract? If so, is he trying to get an extension?

Looking for a raise?

Trying to get away from a bad situation coaching under a control freak??

Doesn't like all the drama around recruiting, NIL, Transfer Portal???

Concerned his career and reputation will take an irreparable hit if he is forced to run his offense at a snails pace with only 50 plays a game???

Answer those questions and we will know if he goes or if he stays.

It does appear he is looking to get out of UK and back in NFL. If so, better now than later.

Reactions: megablue
At this point, he’s lost cred with the guys he brought in. He may have legit reasons for pursuing these jobs, but he’s got both feet out the door. Not sure how you come back to the offensive room
It does kinda seem that way … !!!
We’ll see, sooner, rather than later …

Coen signed a 3 yr guarantee contract last Feb

If he don't like NIL or portal then the Ohio OC opening shouldn't have been pursued

If coaching under Stoops is a bad situation what kind of fool does Coen look like....he chose to do it twice?

I'm thinking 60% stays 40% he goes.
The reason I lean towards him staying is there is just way too much on the table and Stoops/Barnhart will pull out all stops to come to some equitable arrangement regarding whatever issues he may have. Secondly it's really not a good look for a coach to be jumping from job to job on a yearly basis and that can come back to bit you at some point.

Since no one on here knows exactly what is going on behind the scene at UK football, there is absolutely no way to know whether he will go or stay.

Does LC just have one year on his contract? If so, is he trying to get an extension?

Looking for a raise?

Concerned his career and reputation will take an irreparable hit if he is forced to run his offense at a snails pace with only 50 plays a game???

It does appear he is looking to get out of UK and back in NFL. If so, better now than later.
His contract has 2 more years on it, paying him $1.8 million next season and $1.9 million the season after. He goes a $1 million dollar raise from his salary in the 2021 season. I don’t think it’s a money or extension thing.

I doubt it’s the portal and NIL. He knew this existed from his first time around and if he’s looking at OSU, that’s out the window too.

I think it’s one of (or both of) 2 things:

1. He didn’t have the control he wanted/was promised over the offense this past season

2. He’s a guy always looking for that next step to get him a head coaching gig.

His contract has 2 more years on it, paying him $1.8 million next season and $1.9 million the season after. He goes a $1 million dollar raise from his salary in the 2021 season. I don’t think it’s a money or extension thing.

I doubt it’s the portal and NIL. He knew this existed from his first time around and if he’s looking at OSU, that’s out the window too.

1. He didn’t have the control he wanted/was promised over the offense this past season

For sure sounds like he is trying to get away.

I think it is obviously some issue with the job or his boss.

If we knew the reason for the "health problem" early in the season we might understand why he feels the need to get the heck out now.

Looking for a raise?

You tell us. Who’s the common denominator in having 5 OC’s in 5 years

I think it's probably less about the money, largely about career mobility. He most likely wants to be an NFL HC.

Secondly, it's somewhat about offense/style/philosophy overall. I think CMS and his crew have a pretty tight grip on offense. Liam is essentially the new young guy coming into an old boys club of guys who like to recruit and play a certain way.

CMS, the big fella, and Eddie can recruit develop RBs/ground game, and defense pretty well. Collectively and historically, they've been lack luster when it comes to passing game skill position recruiting, development, coaching, game day execution. I keep saying it all up and down this board on similar threads discussing offense, LC, etc...Between Hartline and Levis we had no QBs sniff 25 TDs or multiple 300 yd games. We've had maybe 1 1,000 yd WR, and we have no TE involvement in the passing game.

In a passing era of football when everything favors the offense, specifically QB/passing game, that is simply unacceptable. It's the equivalent of basketball teams not having a perimeter/3pt oriented offense.

I think if CMS and MB made LC Assistant Head Coach/Head coach of offense...or something like that and totally gave him full control of everything he would quit looking for other gigs for now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: UKat1 and cathouse

Thanks for the informative post. I'll just add a third possibility...that maybe he wasn't originally looking to leave so quickly but the A&M thing killed off any "loyalty" he had intended to show. And that would be pretty understandable, even if it's sour for us as fans. Gotta look out for your own career, obviously.

Does he think Ryan Day at Ohio who is on a hot seat after losing to Michigan three straight years and to Missouri in a bowl game is going to give him 'complete' control of the O with his job on the line ? I doubt it.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Are we supposed to take people at their word. When he was hired, he said he wanted to put down roots, to stay awhile. We are not going to be able to keep someone like him very long, but whoever we hire next doesn't need to say things like that if there is a chance they will leave again just like before. This here and gone and here again and gone is not what Kentucky needs to become the offense we want and need.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT