ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Kevin Costner at his Best

Jan 27, 2015
So Kevin Costner is back in the news with his upcoming films. I would argue he is making a comeback--not surprising, the elite actor that he is. He will always hold a special place in my heart given Field of Dreams---"Hey Dad.....wanna have a catch?" Watch that and try not to shed a tear. Powerful stuff.

What is his best?!?

Crash Davis is one of the greatest sports characters of all-time.

Originally posted by banachek15:
He will always hold a special place in my heart given Field of Dreams---"Hey Dad.....wanna have a catch?" Watch that and try not to shed a tear.
You know how I know you're gay? You cry during Field of Dreams.

Going off the board with 3000 Miles To Graceland.

This post was edited on 1/29 1:38 PM by DSmith21

What guy hasn't got teary eyed in Field of Dreams?

No Untouchable love?

Bull Durham is his best by far.

Kind of wrote him off, but really enjoyed Mr Brooks. He wasn't bad in the new Jack Ryan movie either.

Dude you are so right. Untouchables was something else.

one of his more recent films....3 days to kill....was.......awful....

Mr. Brooks was legit...nice combo with him and William Hurt.

Originally posted by qwesley:
Same guy, every movie. Mr. Brooks might be an exception.
I would say the same for Sean Penn in the last 20 years. Almost always plays a very angry person which is not far from who he really is.

I went with Field of Dreams just because the movie itself has a bit more drama and comedy than Bull Durham. It was a close call for me though.

Not sure there is any movie that he has ever been in that he could not be replaced in and it not be just as good or better.

I had an itch for Dances With Wolves just last week. It'd been about 20 years since I'd seen it. Yeah, his acting is a little stiff, but it was a good movie.

Off the board, I'll go with 1987's --- No Way Out.

Originally posted by jamo0001:
Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

Obviously.
They hired a coach to give him an accent and basically gave up immediately. 13 Days tried a little harder with worse result.

I thought Open Range was a good movie.

It's funny how time is on certain movies, Robin Hood was one of the can't miss movies in the summer of 91, so was Point Break.

One of the 1st movies I ever watched with him was a movie with Gene Hackman and that crazy actress (supposedly) , don't know the name, but it was a cool story.

Bull Durham is classic as is FOD. I actually like him in most roles that I've seen. I think he is more handsome now then when he was younger.

I feel guilty saying this but For Love of The Game. The baseball scenes, imo, are second to none. If they would have just decreased Kelly Preston's screen time, it would have been way better.

The Untouchables is awesome. The fact its not on the list is criminal. The shootout with the stroller on the train station stairs is incredible.

No Bodyguard? Seriously? You didn't know for so long if he had feelings for Whitney, but then he did. Then it changed the way he did his job. I can't believe you left it off.

I think he is pretty good. He's certainly been in a lot of movies I really like - JFK, Untouchables, Tin Cup, Field of Dreams, etc. I'd add No Way Out to the list as well.

But who knows, those movies may have been just as good without him. That's always a real possibility, and for me I call it the "Pretty Woman" effect. (Warning: rant against Julia Roberts coming). I HATE Julia Roberts. That movie was a perfect storm. I think you literally could have put any actress in that role, and it would have been the springboard to a great career. Yet because the movie was such a success, she was able to get herself into other big movies. Does anyone find her attractive? I certainly have never thought she was. The true way to tell you are a horrible actor/actress? She was in "The Pelican Brief" with Denzel. I think this was one of Grisham's best books. And she was opposite freaking DENZEL WASHINGTON...and she managed to ruin the movie. Absolutely ruin in. Her breathy whispers made me want the story to change, and have the assassin actually connect with a bullet in her brain. /endrant

Open Range would get my vote, if it was on the list. I also enjoyed Bodyguard, mostly for Whitney Houston's singing. She was really a great singer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT