ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Flashers on during heavy rain/snow/fog

Do you use your flashers / blinkers / emergency lights when in a heavy rain or snow or fog?

• Yes, always

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Only in very rare situations

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Never

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
it seems like more people do now than used to. I find them distracting as a driver, making me think you have pulled over, and for that reason dangerous. Same with tow trucks having theirs on when not towing a car, or construction trucks when just driving down the road like everyone else but lights flashing.

Last edited:
Dealt with this a few days ago during Debbie's push up the Northeast.

While I like to put them on, I did notice two different car makes do NOT give the car behind them any indication they have the turn signal on, when using emergency lights.. and it was almost a problem, both times.

Last edited:
I'll throw the hazards on in extreme weather such as torrential rain or blizzard conditions when everyone else is slowed to a crawl. There's always that one asshat that thinks he's under control in his lifted ride and is all systems GO in weather such as that. Maybe my flashers will get their attention. Hazardous weather or not, everyone needs to slow the hell down. Where's the fire? Driving has become much worse over the years.

Dealt with this a few days ago during Debbie's push up the Northeast.

While I like to put them on, I did notice two different car makes do NOT give the car behind them any indication they have the turn signal on, when using emergency lights.. and it was almost a problem, both times.
Exactly (about not knowing if turning)

For any dark roads or hazardous conditions....

cgpwnU.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT