POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not throw some money at Lake? Gallego is a piece of shit open borders guy who left his wife within days of having their child and got annihilated at the debate. Guy is garbage.

Hogan is done. Put resources elsewhere.
Lake has less chance of winning than the others except Hogan. I suspect he's not spending on Hogan any longer, but let me know otherwise.

203fc9fad13f1822.png

The people in Massachusetts that vote twice... Will swing.
True. I won't put much faith into a lead in New Hampshire unless it's substantial. Don't know if it's still the case but I know at one time you could register to vote the same day you vote. And busloads of people from Mass would go vote in NH.

Why are you voting yes?
I believe in parents right to choose education for their kids over a one size fits all being forced down them & their kids throats as KY has done forever. Look at how poor KY kids perform overall.

Now don't tell me you oppose it for crap sakes.

Ok. That wasn’t what was being discussed though. It was his viability as a national candidate. Lot of people like Beshear. He ain’t winning the whole deal. Sometimes governor is the ceiling.
And his viability would have been just fine. Beshear is the Governor of a state that is an afterthought nationally. Desantis is Governor of the third largest state population wise. He has national visibility and recognition, especially after he took on the likes of Disney. Had Trump been ineligible, chose not to run or otherwise been out of the race officially, he would have very likely endorsed Desantis from the beginning. Their little beef was strictly a result of Desantis deciding to try and take Trump on. That beef doesn't exist if Trump is out of the picture. His biggest challenge would have come from Haley.

Little bit of a difference between wearing a political slogan hat and kneeling with your whole team at Florida during the national anthem, PLAT/J . EDGAR.
Talked with my SIL this morning and she had not seen/heard about Bosa. One of her grandsons (my great nephew) was best friends with Bosa at OSU. Used to lift weights together all the time. Met him several times. Cool dude. (A little trivia....his great grandfather was in the Chicago mob under Capone...eventually ran it in the late 40s I believe)

And, when the season starts, I'll be watching my first UK b'ball game(s) since the kneel at UF.

Yep. I think you will see less home schooling if this passes because frankly the cost of private schools is out of reach for many. These folks are trapped into harming their kids with a G-School exposure or Home Schooling them.

I have some of my "private schooled" brothers and sisters express the concern that so "less attractive" students might be able to enroll or that the state may be able to get their fingers into the curriculum etc.... Currently the privates do not have to follow certain state mandates.
First., just because the state would give out vouchers, that doesn't mean any school would have to accept students with vouchers. They'd be able to stay tuition only.

But if a school accepts vouchers, then it must not be permitted to pick & choose who they take; i.e., discriminate.

As a righty, who has sent his kids to private schools, I see nothing good coming from voting yes on issue 2.
Does anyone trust the government to adjudicate this properly? I don't. At some point, schools will ask for even more money.
New schools will be created for the money grab they may have a chance at.
Private schools will raise tuition, probably leaving the less fortunate at the side of the road.
Do you think government manages public schools & the money they get well now? I don't.

Schools won't have to take vouchers. If they want to stay tuition only, fine.

I hope new schools will be created. In fact, it's part of the idea.

Net, I don't get your supposed problems.

True. I won't put much faith into a lead in New Hampshire unless it's substantial. Don't know if it's still the case but I know at one time you could register to vote the same day you vote. And busloads of people from Mass would go vote in NH.
If you're talking polls, why would anyone believe any of them?

Do you think government manages public schools & the money they get well now? I don't.

Schools won't have to take vouchers. If they want to stay tuition only, fine.

I hope new schools will be created. In fact, it's part of the idea.

Net, I don't get your supposed problems.
My point is that this will end up costing us more money through mismangement and bad intentions. I'm not saying the current system works but we are doubling down on stupid.
New schools may be created but a number of them will be for nefarious purposes.
I think it's a fantasy that it will turn out the way you intend.

Does Kamala Harris have any idea of what policies she even supports?

I am so tired of the race card w/ these morons. Trump's history and successes w/ the black community, business leaders, etc, is well known, but they continue to march out their KKK rants as if he is going to start a march down Pennsylvania Ave when he is elected.

Because this is the only way that kids in Jefferson County and Fayette County can get a chance to receive a good education, free from leftist indoctrination. Out in the country, with the exception of where Sambortion effed up kids, it really wouldnt matter that much. So I would just ask those out in the state who will be unaffected....Save our kids from Leftist JCPS and FCPS. Vote YES and make them earn your business.

Exactly. If the state is spending $16k per student of taxpayer money to schools, losing 1-5 kids from the classroom doesn't hurt anyone in that classroom (and in reality it would be spread out over an entire grade rather than 1 classroom). In fact it benefits that classroom in 2 ways.

1- it frees up space in an already crowded class so the teacher is that much more able to help everyone in the class, AND 1b frees up resources within the class.
2- it creates competition in the education market so that the public education system has to do better than going through the motions.

A classroom of 30 kids brings the school $480k. How much of that is spent on that classroom? Not much and certainly not so much that they'd miss $80k. The only people missing that money are the ones sucking on the teet in administration. That's it.

They not only aren't allowed to vote, they don't vote. The Heritage Foundation -- the conservative think tank behind Project 2025 -- researched the issue -- this year!! -- and found fewer than 40 votes by illegals over the last 40 years.

It's just a fantasy to explain Trump's defeat in 2020 and justify the hatred of immigrants.

Where it starts and where it goes…

Illegals aren’t voting you conspiracy theorist

Some illegals voted but didn’t make a difference

Illegals should be allowed to vote some instances

Illegals can vote just like you and me

You’re racist if you deny illegals from voting

They not only aren't allowed to vote, they don't vote. The Heritage Foundation -- the conservative think tank behind Project 2025 -- researched the issue -- this year!! -- and found fewer than 40 votes by illegals over the last 40 years.

It's just a fantasy to explain Trump's defeat in 2020 and justify the hatred of immigrants.
Should I as an American citizen be able to vote in say Ecuador's elections and does that make them racist?
Yes, or no.

This is why I’m very leery of early voting. That just gives these criminals real time data as to how many ballots they need to harvest. May even make it less suspicious than 2020 when they had to stop the count and dump hundreds of thousands at 4am.
This is my reasoning as well. The fellow on here that is working for the GOP (can't recall his screenname) said that that was incorrect but didn't elaborate more. Unless our side is willing to cheat like they do, we have a finite number of voters. They simply do not. Sure, we increased Republican registration and early voting numbers, but it's still a finite amount and I rather they all came at once on election day. Because it gives them a shorter window to come up with the needed ballots. This is why these states ran by lefties want the voting to take days to count and have told us that's what they plan on doing. It just seems like a strategic mistake to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Will I be able to use a KY tuition voucher to pay for private school in a different state?
First, the amendment doesn't specify vouchers. Just says the Legislature can decide where to spend money besides the common schools. People think it means vouchers primarily.

No idea about spending in other states, but I doubt Legislature can spend money for support of anything outside KY.

Here's the Amendment:

"To give parents choices in educational opportunities for their children, are you in favor of enabling the General Assembly to provide financial support for the education costs of students in kindergarten through 12th grade who are outside the system of common (public) schools by amending the Constitution of Kentucky as stated below?

"IT IS PROPOSED THAT A NEW SECTION BE ADDED TO THE CONSTITUTION OF KENTUCKY TO READ AS FOLLOWS:

"The General Assembly may provide financial support for the education of students outside the system of common schools. The General Assembly may exercise this authority by law, Sections 59, 60, 171, 183, 184, 186, and 189 of this Constitution notwithstanding."

Voters then choose either "yes" or "no" on their ballots.

Last edited:
My point is that this will end up costing us more money through mismangement and bad intentions. I'm not saying the current system works but we are doubling down on stupid.
New schools may be created but a number of them will be for nefarious purposes.
I think it's a fantasy that it will turn out the way you intend.
So KY should just get out of the school business all together?

I don't have any intentions other than public schools aren't working for many now such that we need to try other concepts. I mean why spend at all on something that doesn't work. I have no doubt there will be issues with the first new plans. Is that a reason to not try at all?

What would Elon Musk say? Rand Paul is gung ho for A2.

You really do have your head in the sand.

Exactly. If the state is spending $16k per student of taxpayer money to schools, losing 1-5 kids from the classroom doesn't hurt anyone in that classroom (and in reality it would be spread out over an entire grade rather than 1 classroom). In fact it benefits that classroom in 2 ways.

1- it frees up space in an already crowded class so the teacher is that much more able to help everyone in the class, AND 1b frees up resources within the class.
2- it creates competition in the education market so that the public education system has to do better than going through the motions.

A classroom of 30 kids brings the school $480k. How much of that is spent on that classroom? Not much and certainly not so much that they'd miss $80k. The only people missing that money are the ones sucking on the teet in administration. That's it.
Cat Scratch FVR doesn't believe you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT