POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It isn’t a Marx quote. That’s just him being an idiot and falling for fake news like always. And apparently you too.
GXENsXqWEAAB7QE

During his daily press conference, Cuomo pointed out that not only does New York chip in more money than Kentucky, the Empire State also takes less from the federal coffers than it contributes – unlike Kentucky.

“Senator McConnell, who’s getting bailed out here?” Cuomo asked.

“It’s your state that is living on the money that we generate,” he continued. “Your state is getting bailed out. Not my state.”

40% of KY's budget comes from the feds, that's insane.
Meanwhile, back in the real world, the disgraced former NY Gov (Andrew "elderly genocide" Cuomo) must now testify before the House. Can hardly wait.

Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to testify before House panel on pandemic response.​

I am starting to get the impression that one side's natural instinct is to justify anything contrary to tradition, common thinking, etc. and that their defense of that instinct is to assert that being "deep thinkers," "searchers," and "thoughtful" is what distinguishes them from the other side. This, even though they always come to the unwavering same conclusion; namely, that any upset over any issue where they part out from the others can be traced to the "other side's" racism, general prejudice, black-hearted selfishness, and other moral failings.

Ill be damned if I can understand the benefit to the society (our government is supposed to protect) by flooding it with unknown immigrants of uncertain origin, without health checks, criminal background checks, or known political positions (to name a few) - whether they eat cats or not. How does our current immigration situation help America's working poor, budgetary issues, control of potential epidemics, housing crisis, and other things typically blamed on corporate greed but clearly exacerbated by mass influx ?

100%. Any of them who’ve done illegal things should be prosecuted. You or I would be. If Biden broke laws, roast him. Honestly, in personal opinion, it doesn’t even really matter whether what he did was technically against the law or not. It should be. Everyone knows Hunter didn’t get those positions because of his business acumen. It was because of who he was. Whether that’s illegal or technically legal, it’s still completely wrong. If it were up to me they would’ve all been frogmarched to the guillotines long ago. Along with Musk, Gates, Bezos, and the rest, but that’s for another day. You’re new enough in the thread that you don’t know all my posting history, but you’re not dealing with the average Dem here. I’d possibly string up more fascist liberals than you would. I’m closer to Mao on the political spectrum than I am Joesph Robinette Biden Jr.
GXE9CRpXwAALibz

I am starting to get the impression that one side's natural instinct is to justify anything contrary to tradition, common thinking, etc. and that their defense of that instinct is to assert that being "deep thinkers," "searchers," and "thoughtful" is what distinguishes them from the other side. This, even though they always come to the unwavering same conclusion; namely, that any upset over any issue where they part out from the others can be traced to the "other side's" racism, general prejudice, black-hearted selfishness, and other moral failings.

Ill be damned if I can understand the benefit to the society (our government is supposed to protect) by flooding it with unknown immigrants of uncertain origin, without health checks, criminal background checks, or known political positions (to name a few) - whether they eat cats or not. How does our current immigration situation help America's working poor, budgetary issues, control of potential epidemics, housing crisis, and other things typically blamed on corporate greed but clearly exacerbated by mass influx ?
TL;DR

I'll sum it up: Democratic policies are idiotic.

Reactions: blubo
Let's look at a graph of government deficits over the years. In the graph below, the blue bars are government surpluses. The red bars are budget deficits. The red bars get shorter and even disappear during Dem administrations. They get longer during Republicans administrations.

So, the story that Dems are irresponsible spenders and the Republicans are tight-fisted and responsible is exactly opposite of the truth. Republicans accusing the Democrats of doing what they are doing? Oh, my.

chart.png

I don’t think leadership in either party cares now, but you aren’t going to get credit for the surpluses.

That’s when republicans kept a few of their campaign promises.

The republicans made Clinton look moderate after the healthcare fiasco. It’s the same scenario that ky legislature makes Andy look moderate.

The republicans finally having both houses in the late 90s and in control of the purse strings gave Clinton something to sign.

1024px-Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

I don’t think leadership in either party cares now, but you aren’t going to get credit for the surpluses.

That’s when republicans kept a few of their campaign promises.

The republicans made Clinton look moderate after the healthcare fiasco. It’s the same scenario that ky legislature makes Andy look moderate.

The republicans finally having both houses in the late 90s and in control of the purse strings gave Clinton something to sign.

1024px-Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

I'm not following what you're saying. I was responding to the general story that Republicans are good for the economy and Democrats are bad. Part of that is that Republicans are fiscally conservative and Democrats spend spend spend. My point: when you look at the actual numbers, Republicans spend spend spend and Democrats show restraint. Also, every Republican president since Reagan almost 40 years ago, ended their presidency with a huge recession. Bush, W, and Trump. How does that figure into the story that Democrats are terrible for the economy? They're always having to clean up Republican messes!
--edited--

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BigBlueDave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT