POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think necessarily Trump dislikes DeSantis. Rightly or wrongly he felt betrayed by DeSantis running for the nomination. I think that’s wrong myself. If you’re the best candidate, welcome all comers. As to DeSantis, he ran a bad campaign, or rather he allowed DC lifers to run his campaign. The right is as done with those people as they are liberals. And lastly, maybe DeSantis is just better in the governor role. He never seemed comfortable during the primaries. The next candidate from the right i hope is Vivek. He holds many of the Trump views. but is much smarter and more controlled. I would have supported him over Trump this time if i didn’t have the devilish hope that Trump will burn DC to the ground.
And thats the problem with Trump a lot of times...that everything is about loyalty and kissing the ring. Ppl are allowed to disagree.

Trump claiming he actually tried to keep Florida open when it was actually DeSantis and Trump closed it was a bad look.

Also, a big problem with maga ppl is this obsession with winning primaries over general elections. Who cares what DeSantis looked like in a primary, he knows how to govern...plain and simple. Are ppl under the impression he couldn't take on kamala or Biden? Lol. Not to mention, he's a conservative, Trump is a populist

• Love
Reactions: vhcat70
Give that young lady a Yuengling. Hell give her a 6 !
038ec1b8-5a41-492f-9750-7920fa7e1e67_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
We ALL agree the border is an issue.
We ALL agree something should be done about it.
Pass a Law that stops ASYLUM.
We had one that got torpedoed.
That's water under the bridge now.
At this point we are arguing over something 95 percent of Americans agree on.

Yeah but you voted for it. Biden ran on it.

“Surge the border” I think was his words.

And thats the problem with Trump a lot of times...that everything is about loyalty and kissing the ring. Ppl are allowed to disagree.

Trump claiming he actually tried to keep Florida open when it was actually DeSantis and Trump closed it was a bad look.

Also, a big problem with maga ppl is this obsession with winning primaries over general elections. Who cares what DeSantis looked like in a primary, he knows how to govern...plain and simple. Are ppl under the impression he couldn't take on kamala or Biden? Lol. Not to mention, he's a conservative, Trump is a populist
Conservative and populist aren't mutually exclusive things.

"Those who have been spreading these lies to try to undermine the opposition, they are going to pay a price for it."

This where he threatens Americans for like the 20th time telling you that your guns or no good cause the government has nuclear weapons?

Joe Biden trying to act like he is some tough guy is always good for a laugh.

Right, so he wasn't going to beat Trump. Just admit it.
He should have waited 4 years, but he obviously had someone stroking his ego in his ear and telling him that he could outTrump Trump.
He's a great Governor and leader, but he is not a good politician. He comes across as kind of awkward in public. Hell, if he would have simply waited, he might have been offered the VP slot which would made it much easier for him in 2028. Now I think he has screwed the pooch. He should have put his ego aside and bided his time.
OK, his beating Trump was a longshot. So what? And he didn't need to bow down before god just because god had endorsed him. He wasn't trying to out-trump Trump. He was offering a logical alternative, but that's too thoughtful an idea for MAGA. So you want charismatic (LOL) chaos or an awkward effective leader? I know my choice. You go for yours. He's better off as Gov than in Trump's crazy shadow as VP. He did what was right for the country - offer a calm & effective alternative. If that screwed the pooch then this country doesn't deserve him. Screw MAGA's nonsense.

Inevitably they'll claim everyone is sexist, bc democrats have zero self reflection, but when you've been crying about the patriarchy and toxic masculinity for everything then don't act surprised when men won't vote for you

I can't imagine such a thing. Ron DeSantis is the Governor of the 3rd largest state. He is a proven chief executive and has our state on solid financial ground with billions in reserve. He is the most effective administrator in America. This is not the type of people Donald Trump puts in his cabinet.

I am thankful we have him for two more years as he has proven to be an outstanding leader during his time as Governor. Florida has the most conservative government in America. Trump's GOP is MAGA and MAGA hates DeSantis. Donald Trump has few nice words to say about Governor DeSantis or his family. He recently attacked DeSantis over Florida's abortion laws.

I would like to see the Governor go into the private sector once his term is up and build a future for his young family. He has given enough to the government. He will probably always be the best Florida governor of my life but he is much too conservative to be President of The United States. Not in this age, maybe a decade ago. There are not that many conservatives today. Ron DeSantis would be better off staying in Florida and raising his family here.
Great post. Thank you. DeSantis is too good for MAGA & most of this country. Trump and his followers are anything but conservative.

I don’t think necessarily Trump dislikes DeSantis. Rightly or wrongly he felt betrayed by DeSantis running for the nomination. I think that’s wrong myself. If you’re the best candidate, welcome all comers. As to DeSantis, he ran a bad campaign, or rather he allowed DC lifers to run his campaign. The right is as done with those people as they are liberals. And lastly, maybe DeSantis is just better in the governor role. He never seemed comfortable during the primaries. The next candidate from the right i hope is Vivek. He holds many of the Trump views. but is much smarter and more controlled. I would have supported him over Trump this time if i didn’t have the devilish hope that Trump will burn DC to the ground.
MAGA & their ilk is anything but right wing. They're too enamoured with his handouts.

That just too good. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT