POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got that "Glad I'm Not a Kennedy" song that I posted, stuck relentlessly in my head now.

Hoisted by my own petard...

(I'm not even sure that it was played in the US. I heard it a lot in Germany though)

California is a lead weight, pulling us all under and eventually drowning us.

If Trump wins, he should use an EO to forbid one dime of federal assistance to California as long as programs that assist lawbreakers are in place.

It’s that or just accept the dissolution of the country. There’s no path forward if they enact that.
'Build the Wall !!'

..........on the Western border of Nevada running up to the Canadian border.

Liberals trying to sell you that "joy" puts food on the table, gas in the tank, etc...

a man in a red suit is standing in front of a car that says  comfortable fits two turkey sandwiches

Reactions: blubo
There’s over 1 million more Liberals on twitter than republicans and they absolutely follow him to see what he says. But I don’t expect a single one of them voted for Trump so that’s the 24%. Lots of swing voters and non political types on Twitter. Agree to disagree.
That's one take. Mine is they didn't waste their time on a very unscientific poll - as Musk called it. The idea that there's some reality to that poll is staggeringly ignorant.

California is a lead weight, pulling us all under and eventually drowning us.

If Trump wins, he should use an EO to forbid one dime of federal assistance to California as long as programs that assist lawbreakers are in place.

It’s that or just accept the dissolution of the country. There’s no path forward if they enact that.

Cali, NY, Chicago/IL... his EO wasn't properly worded. I think the EO needs to address the disproportion with which the big city economies drain the states and federal govt.

It needs to address the states' willingness and action to protect the life and property of the shared citizenry. Chicago for instance, shouldn't get a dime until they restore and protect the constitutional rights of citizens. The state of Illinois should in turn be forcing this change upon Chicago.

Use the wording OF the constitution IN the EO and propose individual bills addressing each issue not being addressed by the states. They should include balanced or surplus-based state budgets, as well as limiting state justice budgets based on the upholding of both constitutional rights and elimination of convicted violent offenders from the public sphere as well as from long term incarceration through hr death penalty.

Ensuring the establishment of justice and securing tranquility, providing for the common defense of law abiding citizens, securing the general welfare not through handing out cash based on creation of babies, but through the incentivizing of work, and phasing out over time the ponzi scheme that is the "social security" system through management of existing revenue and resources.

This includes protecting the citizens from big business and the govt itself. I can go into that in more detail later.

This is an honest question. It's so odd that Rob Reiner has made some damn good films over the years.

Did he suffer some major medical trauma or something? Because I can't believe, barring something like that, that a person can just go full moron like that.

I'll not have any talk about walling off California.. Artichokes and a Napa Valley Cabernet are two of my favorite things in life.

Reactions: Girthang
This is an honest question. It's so odd that Rob Reiner has made some damn good films over the years.

Did he suffer some major medical trauma or something? Because I can't believe, barring something like that, that a person can just go full moron like that.

Ego, fear, drugs, and programming will do that to the weak minded. He also played a hippie on TV for too long. Comedic talent and creativity aren't a good hedge against insanity

I'll not have any talk about walling off California.. Artichokes and a Napa Valley Cabernet are two of my favorite things in life.

They just need to be coerced into embracing the constitution, and their state govt needs to be reigned in so that their ag (and other) industry can thrive even more. No reason this entire country can't be fed good food if that industry on all levels is supported by the govt instead of made an enemy for the benefit of big ag and chem companies.

So now I've:

Got a fairly repetitive 80's minor hit song stuck in my head

and now I want a steamed artichoke and bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon

At 9:50 in the morning...

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
How long has it been since the assassination attempt? And still no report.

I mean , how long does it take to white wash something and scrub all of the pertinent (meant to say "incriminating") evidence.

Hoover would have had this wrapped up in 3 days, or he would have started firing b***es by Wednesday.
You mean President J. Edgar Hoover?, LOL

What gets me is on these corporate earnings calls, quarterly reports, etc how the media goes on and on of how 'x' company 'beat expectations'....'revenue up by x%....and so forth. Like the company is really increasing their revenue/earnings by doing well, new marketing strategies, etc. When all it is is that inflation is up 5-10-15-20-25%.
Many cases unit sales are down....but 'revenue' is up.
So when people say a company exceeded expectations, they didn't know to include inflation in the expectations? LOL if someone thinks they didn't.

So now I've:

Got a fairly repetitive 80's minor hit song stuck in my head

and now I want a steamed artichoke and bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon

At 9:50 in the morning...

You mention Cab and I think "red" then Merlot and immediately start to think of an Amarone we had recently that was incredible. Going to pick one up this afternoon now. Thanks a lot for the ADD wine trigger.

Now... I'll also need to grill some steaks and burgers with grill roasted asparagus and potatoes&onions to go with the wine. You're making more work for me

• Haha
Reactions: augustaky1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT