ADVERTISEMENT

Please undo the Tweak

rollsroyce8420

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
The tweak last year was for Andrew to stop looking to shoot and pass more. This season, after annihilating everyone before Christmas, we get a new tweak that Devin Booker claims is for guards to finish at the rim instead of pass. This new tweak essentially undoes the old tweak. Why mess with what's been working?

Yes, so correct. We were up on everyone by double digits at the half and shot soo well. Ask Colombia and Texas and ultimately

The only things these guards do is stand 5ft from the 3pt line and throw the ball back and forth. When the shot clock drops below 10, run into the lane and throw it up and hope for a foul like Archie G. did

Originally posted by Bigbluetrue:
Need to re-tweak the defense back to before the break....then get the offense together.
Coaches are understanding that Alex was a huge loss they are letting their bugs roam on the outside to allow driving lanes. Our guys need to cheat off their guys a little and rotate. Cal will get them there. No worries

Camp Cal was spent to help everyone work on something individual they wanted to work on. Perhaps too much spent on individuals and the concept of improving as a team was lost. We'll get our groove back - need to be humming in march not January.

Originally posted by Tummygoat:
Camp Cal was spent to help everyone work on something individual they wanted to work on. Perhaps too much spent on individuals and the concept of improving as a team was lost. We'll get our groove back - need to be humming in march not January.
stop. Stop it. Stop making sense.

Originally posted by Blueaz:

EXACTLY . I thought the OP was making fun of how stupid people can be but NOPE , HE WAS PROVIDING AN EXAMPLE OF IT .

+1

I really believe this is exactly what happened.

I think the Tweak involves replacing the team with stunt doubles until overtime.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Not a big believer in coincidence and there is a noticebale difference in this team since the break..... so whatever they "put in" or focused on, is taking longer to see results. Cal knows much more than I and has proven it
3dgrin.r191677.gif
so I will just sit back and watch. Although, I did like the what I was seeing prior to the break....... much more!

Originally posted by caneintally:

EXACTLY . I thought the OP was making fun of how stupid people can be but NOPE , HE WAS PROVIDING AN EXAMPLE OF IT .
I don't know why you think he's stupid. Everything the OP said is pretty much true.

We were rolling along and annihilating just about everyone. Cal made changes during the 10 day break. Ever since then we've looked like garbage.

We now look lost on defense, people aren't making the extra pass, playing with no energy or toughness, people are playing selfish, the Harrison's have reverted back to last year's offense.

Like that old saying, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

Originally posted by meteordealer:
Originally posted by caneintally:

I don't know why you think he's stupid. Everything the OP said is pretty much true.

We were rolling along and annihilating just about everyone. Cal made changes during the 10 day break. Ever since then we've looked like garbage.

We now look lost on defense, people aren't making the extra pass, playing with no energy or toughness, people are playing selfish, the Harrison's have reverted back to last year's offense.

Like that old saying, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."
^ This. I have seen every excuse you can think of mentioned as to why we have let 2 terrible teams take us to overtime. We are not playing very well on either end of the floor, I don't know why, but it is far worse than before the tweak.

We lost Poy. Nobody was giving him the cred he deserved. His presence at the 3 & 4 opened up the middle and made for much easier penetration by the guards, "in passes" to the bigs and created more "lobs". Without him this team is very different. Unless Cal can establish an inside offensive game by Willie and KAT this team, while still very good, simply is not dominate like it was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT