ADVERTISEMENT

Please make it stop!

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Enough is enough. Talent fee.

Difficult to watch tuition continue to rise and teachers salaries stagnate but these “student” athletes - many who can’t put 2 sentences together- get more and more public money to play a lesser style of pro ball.

Just my opinion. I split a pair of UK season bball txs and I guess it’s a matter of time.

Curious when fans finally say no.

I assume you're referring to the news out of TN that their AD, White, has started charging a "talent acquisition fee." He has vested interest in that, he recently gave himself a massive pay hike. He's made Tony the Pony the highest paid college baseball coach, he's instituted a $50K immediate paycheck to OL recruits. He's spending money like a bar-hopping sailor on pay day. One day this will all blow up in his face, hope I'm still living when it does.

I assume you're referring to the news out of TN that their AD, White, has started charging a "talent acquisition fee." He has vested interest in that, he recently gave himself a massive pay hike. He's made Tony the Pony the highest paid college baseball coach, he's instituted a $50K immediate paycheck to OL recruits. He's spending money like a bar-hopping sailor on pay day. One day this will all blow up in his face, hope I'm still living when it does.

Best AD in SEC now. Results in every sport.

Tony the pony?…😂….national champ coach

I’ll pay extra 10% for these results

The AD can give themselves a raise?

But I agree with the point of this thread. It's why I barely think about going to games these days. And I definitely wouldn't go to college if I was of that age. Tuition has far outpaced the value. And companies know it. Many are dropping the degree requirements for higher paying jobs.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Former Michigan football stars Denard Robinson and Braylon Edwards are suing the NCAA and Big Ten Network with other former Wolverines players, claiming they lost out on more than $50 million during their college careers because of the association’s now-lifted ban on athletes being compensated for name, image and likeness.

The federal class-action antitrust lawsuit, dated Monday, was filed in the Eastern District of Michigan on behalf of all Michigan football players who played before 2016. It also includes former Wolverines players Mike Martin and Shawn Crable as plaintiffs.

The NCAA and major college conferences are in the process of trying to settle three antitrust lawsuits related to athlete compensation for name, image and likeness. They have a settlement agreement in place to pay $2.78 billion in damages to hundreds of thousands of college athletes, dating back to 2016.

It is the "cost of doing business". If you want to be big dogs on the block, you have to spend money and then find ways to recoup it. Not saying it is "OK", but I get it. Right NOW, UT athletics is better than UK's top to bottom. They are getting the players it takes to win. Now I will go puke.

Their AD has been running circles around Old Fogie Barnhart since he got there. Mitch needs to step it up because this is how the game is played now whether he likes it or not.

Reactions: RunninRichie
How much is the talent fee on tix?

It’s kind of crazy that we went from let them sign a few autographs for cash to talent fees on tix. But I guess if people keep paying these ridiculous prices, teams will continue to squeeze a few extra dollars from fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT