ADVERTISEMENT

Please give us this bracket

I would feel like we have a decent chance against St. Mary's but Xavier knows how to win close games, so we better have a big lead near the end. Also, they are deep with a much better proven bench, and an excellent foul shooting team. They could turn the game into a foul shooting physical contest and use a proven bench and better foul shooters to beat us that way too. Still, I guess if we had to face a number one seed in our second game (assuming we get by the first game) I would prefer them over some others.

I would feel like we have a decent chance against St. Mary's but Xavier knows how to win close games, so we better have a big lead near the end. Also, they are deep with a much better proven bench, and an excellent foul shooting team. They could turn the game into a foul shooting physical contest and use a proven bench and better foul shooters to beat us that way too. Still, I guess if we had to face a number one seed in our second game (assuming we get by the first game) I would prefer them over some others.
Don't forget those first two games would be in Nashville as well.

Reactions: ukdaven
Not happening in a million lifetimes.
Lol, thats what I thought when I saw that bracket. If Xavier and Purdue are 1/2 in a bracket I would be shocked. I would bet big money Duke will be paired up with Xavier or Purdue. Look for them to be in a different bracket than Arizona and Mich St. in any scenario.

Right now we should be hoping just to get in a bracket that’s not the nit

I think everybody understands this team is struggling, but assuming we turn it around tomorrow this team is still in good shape to make the tourny. Certainly not on the bubble at this point.

We have the pieces to compete but we have some major obstacles to overcome.

Obviously consistent shooting is a concern. Quade and Knox can get hot, but we have nobody to CREATE good looks...which is arguably a more important element of a good shooting team than having multiple good shooters. Quade is a solid distributor, but he's not talented enough to create his own good looks (like a James Harden or Steph Curry type of player).

And Shai is not point guard. He's skilled, he's the most talented perimeter player on the team, but a point guard he is not.

Knox can create his own looks. But the problem with him is he checks out for stretches of every game it seems. He will get 3 amazing baskets in a row, then disappear. Not uncommon with freshmen, but a problem nonetheless. He's also one player. Easy to target any one one player.

And then the other issue is no consistent post presence. We essentially function as a donut team with no point guard and average at best shooting from top to bottom. Just not a good combination.

If we can figure out a way to get Richards, PJ, and SKJ consistently involved in the paint on offensive in such a way they can contribute on a regular basis it would help a lot of our issues but I'm just not sure if that's gonna happen before the postseason.

Long term I am not concerned, but if we are playing Xavier in round 2 of the NCAAT I don't see any path to victory at this point short of a miracle. I guess we will see. Lord knows I'll be cheering them on regardless.

No way they put us in Nashville. While we aren’t very good at this point, any opposing team should riot if they have to play us in Nashville. Home away from home

These are the most vulnerable one seeds I have ever seen. Getting an eight seed this year could strike gold if our one seed is upset by the sixteen. A 16 will beat a one seed someday, and maybe we’ll be the eight seed that gets to play them in round two..... actually with how douchy and idiotic auburn fans are I wouldn’t mind them being bounced by the 16, they are SEC so they will not be our one seed but I’ll take it.

These are the most vulnerable one seeds I have ever seen. Getting an eight seed this year could strike gold if our one seed is upset by the sixteen. A 16 will beat a one seed someday, and maybe we’ll be the eight seed that gets to play them in round two..... actually with how douchy and idiotic auburn fans are I wouldn’t mind them being bounced by the 16, they are SEC so they will not be our one seed but I’ll take it.
Actually if we are below a 4 we could be in their bracket

We'll get
1. Villanova
2. Duke
3. Mich St
4. Arizona

Book it. All top 5 teams coming in pre season. Seems about right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT