ADVERTISEMENT

Player Notes After Rewatching

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
-D. Jackson seemed out of place a few times when he first came in. But he had one heck of a game the rest of the way. Dude can shoot gaps like a jet, and the PD against a ball that would likely have put them within the 15 yd line was giant on 3rd down. I think we are in good hands when Jones leaves.

-Rogers had what I thought was his best game of his career. When he was matched up with #54, Rogers was definitely more than he could handle and the amount of missed holds is frustrating. It won't show up on stats but Justin was very disruptive and hopefully its a sign of things to come. Dude had more QB hurries than probably any DT here in an SEC game in awhile.

-Barion Brown. Thats it, you saw for yourself. Also, not that it matters now, but when the snap came on the Key TD, it looks as though Brown is set.

-WIll Levis: I don't have to talk about the few mistakes. We all know, Levis has to get the ball out quicker at times. But Levis also had some very, very beautiful passes. I believe it was Barion Brown (maybe Tayvion) over the middle on a 3rd and long where Levis threw it right past a refs head and in between 2 Ole Miss defensive players in stride. Levis definitely had some flashes of greatness that are going to be obviously overshadowed by the 3 mistakes.

-Horsey had one of his better games at LT. He actually dominated his guy on several occasions. There was a CRod run to the left on one occasion and Horsey just stopped the DE in his tracks and never stepped backwards. I noticed a lot of the o-line misques were just mistakes or missed assignments. Guys missing their blocks, not really getting beaten physically.

-Wright and Square clearly have extremely high football IQs which is what makes having veterans on your team so important. Plenty of times where both guys knew where the play was going and blew it up to some degree. Those guys are going to be missed next season.

-Seconday in general was alright. Dart is definitely not a top half SEC QB, but he had some throws that were on target and also some heaves under pressure that were half-luck. MSU still concerns me because they will take what you give them, and this still seems like a defense that is going to give WRs the opportunities underneath and Rogers is a QB that can make those throws accurately.

-CRod looked more impressive than the stats showed IMO. I think in most short situations he was getting the yards needed and the couple of times he was tackled behind the line were from whiffed blocks with Ole Miss guys making some impressive tackles before CRod could get any momentum. That missed block by DIngle was pretty disappointing.

-The interior of the o-line did better than it seemed live. Maybe the staff knows more than I do, but I think CRod should have gotten a few more carries up the gut because those guys were getting some push. Burton was playing extremely hard and running across the field with plays. Kid has a motor but the only problem is he was clearly gassed in the 4th quarter and it caused an fals start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News