ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington repping the pigs

See… there’s gonna be a clear delineation between the Cal players that show their ass like PJ is doing and those that are respectful to the ones that supported them in college and as pros.

And it’s the players choice to show their ass. Nobody is forcing them to. And they don’t have to. But once they make that choice, they will have to realize the consequences. The cheers won’t be as loud. The support online might not be as strong. All Star votes might not come in as fast as they want. Hall of Fame won’t come calling. Might not get asked to return.

But that’s on them. Still love PJ. Hope he thought about the consequences though.

Reactions: TM2013 and WeWant9
See… there’s gonna be a clear delineation between the Cal players that show their ass like PJ is doing and those that are respectful to the ones that supported them in college and as pros.

And it’s the players choice to show their ass. Nobody is forcing them to. And they don’t have to. But once they make that choice, they will have to realize the consequences. The cheers won’t be as loud. The support online might not be as strong. All Star votes might not come in as fast as they want. Hall of Fame won’t come calling. Might not get asked to return.

But that’s on them. Still love PJ. Hope he thought about the consequences though.
I thought the TBT guys handled it really well while back in Lex, especially WCS. Pretty good examples for the others to follow. These guys aren’t going be hurting for money, but play it right and Lexington will always be a $ opportunity. No body in Arkansas is going line up for an autograph from PJ or care about him in a day, a few might even be saying who is that guy?

I thought the TBT guys handled it really well while back in Lex, especially WCS. Pretty good examples for the others to follow. These guys aren’t going be hurting for money, but play it right and Lexington will always be a $ opportunity. No body in Arkansas is going line up for an autograph from PJ or care about him in a day, a few might even be saying who is that guy?
I get that you are upset, but trust me pj is an NBA basketball player he gets folks begging for autographs everywhere he goes, man. To act like these dudes that have significant roles in the nba somehow have no fans outside of Kentucky is strange behavior.

I get that you are upset, but trust me pj is an NBA basketball player he gets folks begging for autographs everywhere he goes, man. To act like these dudes that have significant roles in the nba somehow have no fans outside of Kentucky is strange behavior.
I’m not upset, nor did I say anything like you posted, man.

Reactions: TM2013
"No body in Arkansas is going line up for an autograph from PJ or care about him in a day"

Ok.
Well you said I was upset, I’m not and I am looking at it as recognition in Kentucky vs Arkansas, not just in general like you mentioned. You really think Arkansas fans are going crazy that PJ is in town? You think hed get a long line of people wanting an autograph in Fayetteville vs being at some place in Lexington? Maybe he’s a household name and I don’t realize it.

Reactions: TM2013
Never and I mean NEVER thought I'd state this as I was TU all the way. TU screwed up royally. I guess he got bought... Bye TU....
Ulis is trying to make a living. Trying to climb up the coaching tree from the bottom. I'm sure he thinks, probably rightfully so, that he has to sell the Ark-product.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Just goes to show that he really did sell it as Cal U. It’s going be a little awkward in the next 3-5 years when Cal hangs it up. Like you said, Ark fans aren’t going care about guys like PJ and BBN has a long memory.
Right. Cal will be 66 before the next NCAA tournament. He’s been running out of steam the past few seasons. Arkansas has the shell of the coach he once was and this won’t last long.

Reactions: WeWant9

Exactly. The TBT gave everyone a template. “I’m UK for life but I love Cal.” That’s all you gotta say. And you’re minted for life with UK fans across the world.

Reactions: WeWant9
Who cares? You don’t see Darius Miller doing stuff like this. You know… a guy who came to UK for the right reasons, and actually won something here. PJ’s biggest claims to fame were bricking a million FT’s and knocking up some psycho instagram strumpet. It’s not like he’s a UK legend. Just another flyby Cal underachiever. He might as well be Khalil Whitney to me.

Ulis is trying to make a living. Trying to climb up the coaching tree from the bottom. I'm sure he thinks, probably rightfully so, that he has to sell the Ark-product.
True… but lying and being unauthentic is not the way to go about it in my opinion. Go ahead tell a recruit Arkansas was the home of Corey Beck and hear the crickets in the living room.

Well you said I was upset, I’m not and I am looking at it as recognition in Kentucky vs Arkansas, not just in general like you mentioned. You really think Arkansas fans are going crazy that PJ is in town? You think hed get a long line of people wanting an autograph in Fayetteville vs being at some place in Lexington? Maybe he’s a household name and I don’t realize it.
The nba is a global brand. PJ started for an nba team that just played in the finals... folks outside of kentucky (including people in Arkansas) , in fact know who he is & like his game.

Cooper Flagg plays for Duke, if the kid stepped foot in the Fayette Mall (or whatever it's called these days) he'd be swarmed by people begging for autographs INCLUDING kentucky fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT