ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino

Dream job for the Skunk-weasel. The Cleveland Clinic right down the street.

kCowGJm.jpg

Approaching 70 and assuming set for life financially but interested in giving up Greece for Cleveland? Amazing what an out of control ego can do to a person.

I was going to post the same thing. You have all the money you'll ever need, and you want to give up living in Greece to go to a horrible franchise and live in Cleveland? The dude is more interested in keeping his name in the headlines instead of his quality of life.

He’d be good for Cleveland! He’s a good coach!

He was a good coach. He's a little overrated on current skills. Especially when people argue for him to coach like UCLA. This is a case where because he got fired for being a cheater, his record gets glossed over.

In last 3 tournaments, went to 1 elite 8, 1 sweet 16, and one 1 round of 32. He lost to an 8 seed, a 7 seed, and a 7 seed. And that's with illegal talent. What's going to happen when he can't use strippers and shoe money.

He was probably one year away from his Bobby Petrino swan song. Just got lucky he was fired before everyone witnessed it.

I was going to post the same thing. You have all the money you'll ever need, and you want to give up living in Greece to go to a horrible franchise and live in Cleveland? The dude is more interested in keeping his name in the headlines instead of his quality of life.

I don't completely get the logic. Yeah, Cleveland is horrible but who in h+ll wants to live in Greece? I sure don't. I would rather live in Cleveland. Lots of coaches are set for life but they keep coaching. It is what they do. (Now I have to go shower because I may have somewhat defended RP)

Reactions: Ugoff

Pretty sure his family is in the states...

Maybe he is more interested in coaching in the NBA at highest level of basketball AND not being 12 hours via plane away from his family?

His favorite spot is The House of Mirrors, no matter what city it was in, he'd love it.

Reactions: JDHoss
just like the other 17 jobs that were open, he talks to anyone who will answer their phone. the conversation usually goes hey this is rick and im interested in your coaching vacancy. the person on the other end then says oh ok glad to know that we will get back to you asap. then next day the team announces the new coach and it aint ole ricky.

I don't completely get the logic. Yeah, Cleveland is horrible but who in h+ll wants to live in Greece? I sure don't. I would rather live in Cleveland. Lots of coaches are set for life but they keep coaching. It is what they do. (Now I have to go shower because I may have somewhat defended RP)

You'd rather live in Cleveland than on the Mediterranean with a buttload of money? To each his own. [laughing]

According to Cleveland.com there hasnt been any contact and they arent interested in Pitino
Thank God. Grew up in NE Ohio and been a Cav's fan since day one. Franchise started when I was in Jr. High. Thanks again for this info. I can now exhale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT