ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino at BBM

Pope was quoted as saying…”I love Coach P, he changed the DNA in me as a person.”

That’s good enough for me…if Pope wants him around our program, I’m happy with it.

A few years down the road he might become an assistant for Mark.

Reactions: chroix
Revisionist history at its finest in this post. He didn’t give an FU to the entire crowd. He did that the a particular group as he walked out. He never received any punishment from the NCAA for the UL stuff. We used to use that same point to defend Cal. He banged a chick in a restaurant and paid for her abortion. Do you think he’s the only coach to ever cheat on his wife? If those things happened while he was here, they would hold a lot more weight. Everyone deserves a chance to make amends. He donates to UK NIL, he has openly supported Pope, and he’s said he wishes he never left. If reconciliation was not possibly for any of us when we wronged others, then we would all be alone. It’s time to reconcile and accept leave that past in the past.

I'm all for that. But I've yet to read an apology for any of that behavior. As far as the violations, lol. Cal wasn't "clean" but his violations were Camby taking money from an agent (supposedly without Cal knowing, and the NCAA saying he had no way to know) and then at Memphis Rose had someone else take a test for him (again NCAA saying Cal had know way to know); both those things were also off campus to my knowledge. The UofL stuff was much much worse. Prostitutes in dorms man. And there's no way that didn't get around campus. He knew. He may not of said "Ok, do that" but he sure didn't step up and correct it.

Again, I'm no Pollyanna, I know risqué stuff is done to attract recruits. But that was literally two crimes. 1 being the prostitution. The other being underage solicitation of minors. And that was by one of his right hand people. If you truly believe "he didn't know" I've got some oceanfront property to sell you in Wyoming.

Nah, him leaving when he implied he wouldn't and then coming back to take the UofL job over the Michigan job was the worst thing he did.
Leaving like coaches do all the time after saying they won’t? Is that what you mean? Louisville is a better job than Michigan at that time and it’s not debatable. It’s a better job today. He did what was best for him professionally just like any of us would do. He wasn’t born and bred into the rivalry like we were so his perspective is a little different than ours. If you think either of those were done specifically to be malicious to BBN, I don’t know what to tell you.

Leaving like coaches do all the time after saying they won’t? Is that what you mean? Louisville is a better job than Michigan at that time and it’s not debatable. It’s a better job today. He did what was best for him professionally just like any of us would do. He wasn’t born and bred into the rivalry like we were so his perspective is a little different than ours. If you think either of those were done specifically to be malicious to BBN, I don’t know what to tell you.

He left us as soon as he saw the opportunity to go back to the pros (which he wasn't great at btw- he lasted a grand total of 4 years at the Celtics and ;eft because he sucked). I'm not dissing what he did for us. But he left us as soon as he could and even he said it was a mistake. He used us and jumped. I'm not overly upset about it, but it was kind of crappy.

Reactions: Deli owl
He left us as soon as he saw the opportunity to go back to the pros (which he wasn't great at btw- he lasted a grand total of 4 years at the Celtics and ;eft because he sucked). I'm not dissing what he did for us. But he left us as soon as he could and even he said it was a mistake. He used us and jumped. I'm not overly upset about it, but it was kind of crappy.
He didn’t leave as soon as he could. That is more revisionist history. He was approached yearly and didn’t leave until arguably the greatest sports franchise came calling. He had multiple opportunities to leave prior to the Celtics job but didn’t.

Reactions: cat tat2 and chroix
Our fans are hilarious. How could you want this guy anywhere near our program? One of the last times he was in Rupp he gave the entire crowd a big FU. While at UL, he hired strippers for underage recruits and players. He is the only coach to ever have a national championship stripped from him. He banged some skank on a restaurant table and then made her get an abortion.

Nobody on this board wanted him anywhere near us when all that was going on. Short memories on many of you. I personally cannot stand him, regardless of his abilities to coach or passion for the game.
Regardless of what any of us think, our current coach loves Pitino and says he’s “my guy.” He is going to be around the program’s coach no matter what.

The middle finger is overblown. Those that it bother say it was towards the entire fan base. Let’s not act like he stood at mid court with double fingers extended as he spun around to the entire crowd. He was walking out and appeared to have the finger directed at most a small group of fans. We don’t know what was said to get the finger response but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was warranted. Like I said in an earlier post, Rick deserves blame for the animosity between he and BBN but we are not blameless.
Pitino, is that you? Coming in for madness and have a CatsIllustrated account? Really took a 180.

Pitino, is that you? Coming in for madness and have a CatsIllustrated account? Really took a 180.
Not even close but the inaccuracies being posted in this account are absolutely ridiculous. I was a student at UK from 94 to 99 so I was there during most of Pitino's time. The posts in this thread like he left at the first chance he had are at best stretching the truth and at worst lies.

If you don't think Rick Pitino introducing Mark Pope to the crowd as "your next championship winning head coach" would blow the roof off that place, I don't know what to tell you.
Some people don’t want to be told anything- so no worries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT