ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino at BBM

He wouldn't go to another team's shindig like that, would he?
He would for Pope and I think his desire to make amends with BBN is leading the way for the things he is doing. Whether that desire is honest or not, who knows but it has been long enough IMO for him to be able to make a return to the family like we allowed Tubby to do. The onus is on Rick though to make all the effort and it seems that he has started with those.

Richard and eat a bag of Richard's.

Y'all have some short memories.
Maybe we have long memories and remember what he did for UK when the NCAA did every thing they could to bury UK. We are still relevant in large part to the miracles that Pitino worked for us back in the early 90s. Yes things got a bit ugly when he was at UL and much of it was his fault but we aren't blameless in that animosity either. Regardless, those things don't outweigh what he did for this program when he was leading it. He has begun to extend an olive branch and show contrition. It is a starting point and Rick is doing all the right things. Plus, it has to drive Card fans absolutely mad that he is working to get back into the fold while basically ignoring them.

I wouldn’t bring him back, but Pope’s running the show and I’ll respect that decision. It would be a little odd if a current coach, of a different school, gets introduced at BBM. Maybe he will only be behind the scenes, for Pope.

I don't dislike him as much as I used too. And I believe he is trying to mend some fences.
But I can understand some fans still have hard feelings.

Pitino-Bicycle-Crash.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk and J_Dee
I would love to see him at BBM. The older I get I realize you just need to remember the good times and regarding other not so good time just “ let it Be “
I thought about posting something similar earlier. Everybody does dumb stuff at some point. Not to minimize what he has done by any means but he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

Couldn't care less. Don't watch bbm and won't notice his one cameo during football game as I'm not paying attention during commercials or until they snap the ball back from commercials.

That said, no issues with it like some have.

Then are his spots what he did for us while here or what he did while at UL? One of those were changed at some point.
They’re both his spots. He just didn’t stay here long enough to do to us what he did the UL. He’s always lived in the grey area and it finally caught up to him.

Reactions: Mozes-Prince22
He was never about UK, or Boston, or Louisville, or any other places he's coached. His spots are all about what he can do for himself.
He’s definitely made it clear UK was his place and that he was stupid for prioritizing quick money over his legacy and where he was the best fit at and had rolling. He probably would have made the same amount of money had he stayed here 30 years by now.

He says he is flying in on Saturday but that may just be a cover story.
Pitino has been known to lie from time to time, I can see it now: "I was all set to fly in Friday, but a seat on a plane to Lexington somehow just opened up Friday morning instead."

It’s funny. Kinda like taking your ex- wife back after she marries your arch nemesis.
Who considers Louisville fans UK's arch nemesis besides the small portion of hyper-emotional UK fans who don't know how to navigate the memories of the school bully who tormented them while wearing a Louisville shirt? It's always been UK vs. the world. Louisville is just the city college that got in the way a few times 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wonky and Fox2monk
To me, the 90’s with Pitino were so exciting to watch. Yes he recruited well but he also developed players: Nazr being a great example.
Pitino was the best coach I’ve seen at getting the most talent out of every player he coached. He had teams at UofL you would have swore would barely make the tourney if at all and he made an Elite 8 run.

I have no problem with it.. except I hope this isn’t just a way to slap a special someone in the face.. which I believe it is.

UK sports, especially the big two, need to do away with the drama. We’ve been dealing with it for too long now. I’m just afraid this stuff is gonna turn into a distraction.

I’m thankful for the entire history of Kentucky basketball with the exception of the Billy Gillespie era.

I have no problem with it.. except I hope this isn’t just a way to slap a special someone in the face.. which I believe it is.

UK sports, especially the big two, need to do away with the drama. We’ve been dealing with it for too long now. I’m just afraid this stuff is gonna turn into a distraction.

I’m thankful for the entire history of Kentucky basketball with the exception of the Billy Gillespie era.
Is the special someone Calipari or the U of L fan base?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT