ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino at BBM

He wouldn't go to another team's shindig like that, would he?
He would for Pope and I think his desire to make amends with BBN is leading the way for the things he is doing. Whether that desire is honest or not, who knows but it has been long enough IMO for him to be able to make a return to the family like we allowed Tubby to do. The onus is on Rick though to make all the effort and it seems that he has started with those.

Richard and eat a bag of Richard's.

Y'all have some short memories.
Maybe we have long memories and remember what he did for UK when the NCAA did every thing they could to bury UK. We are still relevant in large part to the miracles that Pitino worked for us back in the early 90s. Yes things got a bit ugly when he was at UL and much of it was his fault but we aren't blameless in that animosity either. Regardless, those things don't outweigh what he did for this program when he was leading it. He has begun to extend an olive branch and show contrition. It is a starting point and Rick is doing all the right things. Plus, it has to drive Card fans absolutely mad that he is working to get back into the fold while basically ignoring them.

I personally don’t want him around the program. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Had he not burned Louisville, he would never be trying reconcile with UK.

Reactions: megablue
I wouldn’t bring him back, but Pope’s running the show and I’ll respect that decision. It would be a little odd if a current coach, of a different school, gets introduced at BBM. Maybe he will only be behind the scenes, for Pope.

Rick was the ultimate Trojan horse at UL- he burned that rival program to the ground, executing his marching orders to perfection. He should also receive a hero's welcome for rebuilding our program ...

personal issues aside, he is the best coach UK has had since Coach Rupp
he understanding & passion for the game is unmatched
To me, the 90’s with Pitino were so exciting to watch. Yes he recruited well but he also developed players: Nazr being a great example.

To me, the 90’s with Pitino were so exciting to watch. Yes he recruited well but he also developed players: Nazr being a great example.
I loved the story Pope told last night about Pitino and Nazr during conditioning workouts. I love hearing the stories he tells about his time here as a player.

Reactions: ORCAT10
yes they were
his teams were fun to watch & played hard
he was & is a tremendous coach
those that don't want him around...........did you forget he gave NIL $ to football

I don't dislike him as much as I used too. And I believe he is trying to mend some fences.
But I can understand some fans still have hard feelings.

Pitino-Bicycle-Crash.gif

I would love to see him at BBM. The older I get I realize you just need to remember the good times and regarding other not so good time just “ let it Be “
I thought about posting something similar earlier. Everybody does dumb stuff at some point. Not to minimize what he has done by any means but he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT