ADVERTISEMENT

Pinson

Good player but not a deep shooter. Would like us to have at minimum of 4 outside shooters and triple threat players on the floor.

You can certainly win a lot of games with strong defensive players who are inconsistent shooters. You can certainly win a lot of games with superior shooters who are weak on defense. Coaching definitely helps win games, too. To win the tough games that matter, especially against really good teams, you simply have to have a majority of players that can do both … consistently score and play great defense. If they can rebound and handle pressure, especially at the FT-line, even better, of course.

In the end, your weaknesses are exposed and are usually costly … whatever they are.

Last edited:
I’d say go after all the basketball skilled players that you can in the portal if I was Triple C. The problem that keeps crossing my mind is that he will still be our coach so that will be our ending fate once again.

He would be a much better option than pinson
He's certainly decent and his shooting has improved over his career, it seems to me. 21-22 was very good.
He strikes me as a Villanova type of player. They have been successful with them.
Reminds me of a mini-Sharpe ... body-profile, handle, stroke and slashability !!

Last edited:
I know he a mid major but atleast this guy can shoot it and he avg 20 ppg so he is a bucket getter
I wasn’t just laughing at that I’m laughing at all these players that Triple C has reached out to or is offering. Hopefully he’s recruiting for something specifically instead of trying to ram square pegs into a round holes like he seems to do all the time!

These players would be fine as role players.Problem is that we are likely losing most of our top players and have only 2 recruits coming in.These cobbled up transfers are going to be the whole team.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
He's certainly decent and his shooting has improved over his career, it seems to me. 21-22 was very good.
He strikes me as a Villanova type of player. They have been successful with them.
Reminds me of a mini-Sharpe ... !!

If Kentucky can get him for the mintz role of the third option than that would be fine

I wasn’t just laughing at that I’m laughing at all these players that Triple C has reached out to or is offering. Hopefully he’s recruiting for something specifically instead of trying to ram square pegs into a round holes like he seems to do all the time!
I know I’m just hoping the pinson stuff dies down and Kentucky actually gets players that would make sense

Reactions: kywildcat41086
We need DOOOOOOGGGGGSSSS!!!

If these kids are going to WILT from the pressure of playing at UK, We don't need them. I want kids that are HUNGRY to prove themselves at this level and won't be intimidated by the moment.

Cal used to be able to find those kids, not so much anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT