ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim stay or go vid; Reeves NBA feedback very poor

He was 0-14 in the NCAA tournament game. And he sure **** ain't starting over J Edwards and I wouldn't start him over Reed Shepherd either.

But I'm the type of person that holds grudges against players when they play like shit on the biggest stage. Always will be
I understand being upset but I guess you are perfect in everything you do??
Jack had 41 in Championship game but if I remember correctly he had a bad game earlier in the tourney. Come on. Nobody that has ever played sports of any type has always stepped up and was great in every big game. If so then no NBA game would ever end as the best of the best would always hit their shots on both teams and we would be in a eternal overtime game.

Dillingham remains the X-factor. Will he make it to campus and can he handle the grind of being a student athlete? We shall see. If he does make it and plays to his potential, will be very tough to keep him off the court.

Reeves is more of a 6th starter than he is a complementary piece though. He will absolutely shine with more dudes around him that can score in bunches, and the team isn't in a position of "Reeves or bust" like we were this season.
I agree! I’m operating under the assumption that Dilly will be here. If that’s the case, they’ll only be so many minutes because we all know 5 stars gets preference under Cal. Him being used as a sniper with those guys is where he can really shine. As you said, we don’t need to be in another “Reeves or bust” situation again.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I agree! I’m operating under the assumption that Dilly will be here. If that’s the case, they’ll only be so many minutes because we all know 5 stars gets preference under Cal. Him being used as a sniper with those guys is where he can really shine. As you said, we don’t need to be in another “Reeves or bust” situation again.
Yep. I think Reeves could explode offensively without all the pressure to make shots.

Reactions: ukfan041
He was 0-14 in the NCAA tournament game. And he sure **** ain't starting over J Edwards and I wouldn't start him over Reed Shepherd either.

But I'm the type of person that holds grudges against players when they play like shit on the biggest stage. Always will be
Then you should not coach a sports team, ever.

Every team (except the champ) ends the season on a LOSS, and usually a team lost when their best players/shooters have a bad game. But if you were coach at Alabama, and Brandon Miller surprisingly returned, you wouldn't play him either then.

No. I do not.

Don’t think anything matters as long as Cal is here. But Oscar, like Cal, has been figured out and is tending down.

Big numbers, but huge holes in his game. Would love to see him move on.
I think I have shifted that way too. Ignoring the locker room conflict in which he may have contributed (not good if he doesn't live in the lodge w/ the rest of the team). I think Oscar because of his rebounding, raises the floor to where we won't be a bad team, but his defense and lack of rim protection lowers our ceiling. So on a 1-10 scale, with Oscar the team is a 6.0-7.5, but without Oscar we could be anywhere from a 5.0-8.5. And I want that chance to be an 8 or 8.5, even if it means we could be a 5 or 5.5.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
If by deadly you mean someone who will kill our chances of winning by shooting 0-14 in a tournament game then sure
He scored 37-22-22-5 in his last four games for us. Overall not a bad stretch just went cold that last game he had a lot of decent looks last game. Just a horrible time to go cold but that happens to dudes sometimes!!

He scored 37-22-22-5 in his last four games for us. Overall not a bad stretch just went cold that last game he had a lot of decent looks last game. Just a horrible time to go cold but that happens to dudes sometimes!!
Exactly. Cal (& other coaches) need to learn to sit a guy when he obviously doesn't have it that game. Maybe Theiro doesn't blow up vs KSU, but we know he defends better than Reeves, rebounds better than Reeves, gets to the FT line better than anyone on the team. So play him after Reeves started 0-6, and with those other 9 shots (1-9) Theiro makes probably 3 of 9, actually more like 2-5 with 4 trips to the FT line. Point is he at least matches Reeves points, probably gets more, and contributes in other areas that Reeves doesn't.

But 2 out of every 3 games, Reeves is our "ace-in-the-hole".

Exactly. Cal (& other coaches) need to learn to sit a guy when he obviously doesn't have it that game. Maybe Theiro doesn't blow up vs KSU, but we know he defends better than Reeves, rebounds better than Reeves, gets to the FT line better than anyone on the team. So play him after Reeves started 0-6, and with those other 9 shots (1-9) Theiro makes probably 3 of 9, actually more like 2-5 with 4 trips to the FT line. Point is he at least matches Reeves points, probably gets more, and contributes in other areas that Reeves doesn't.

Trouble is Reeves was the only shooter on the team which was on Cal for not bringing others in.Thiero just can't play guard because of poor ball handling.

I like Thiero’s game he has decent handles just not as a point. He can almost play all the other spots. Hope he stays and works on his game.

And not hit shots or score much against the best competition. Or defend. And maybe that has something to do with the NBA having no interest?
I do agree with you. I'm just scarred by the idea of another Wheeler who absolutely can not score, resulting in UK playing 4-on-5 against everyone.

Reactions: CincyUKFan

People say that but then explain Wheeler from the first half of last season. He wasn't a 5 star and was given preference.

Reeves needs to hit the weight room like crazy this offseason then comeback. His problem was he got knocked around a lot and he needs to work on his defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT