ADVERTISEMENT

Pike County girl accidentally shot by sister

I wonder, prior to the passage of this law, What type people are most likely to be walking around in public with a gun? I'd guess an ex-con or a mentally deranged person would more likely fit this bill than a normal, law-abiding citizen.
You must not live in Kentucky but then again all of us kentuckians are a little mentally deranged

I know a guy who copy and pasted a long Facebook spill about carrying his gun in public. Said that he isn't looking for everyone's gratitude, he's fine with being a "silent hero" and keeping all of us safe. I went to school with this moron and will give 10-1 that he's more likely to leave it in a bathroom at Dollar General than use it for anything even remotely heroic.[/QUOTE
The chances of getting shot accidentally or impulsively rose I,o
I think it is crazy because just about anyone can carry. There should be some mandatory training with an issued card to prove it before carrying.
thwts all I’m saying there are a ton of idiots. Angry idiots too.The last thing we need is people with no idea how a gun works and no respect for it handling one. It’s such a bad idea... oops I was just a playing with the gun like tackleberry in police academy and shot your kid in the head my bad dude

Last edited:
I don’t see why it’s so hard to compromise. You make gun owners take thorough background checks and have mandatory training for those who wish to carry. Hell, make all gun owners take training. But then you can have your guns. People against guns will see that gun advocates are willing to compromise and take the training and gun advocates will still get their guns. It’s not asking that much to make training mandatory.

I am someone who has been an advocate of allowing guns. I have a couple myself, just to learn how to use and I understand that others enjoy them for recreation. But some of these stories in the past decade have made it where I have to sympathize with the people against guns. So if making training mandatory and requiring permits makes people happy and still allows gun folk to keep their toys, I don’t see why that is such a hard compromise.

So if making training mandatory and requiring permits makes people happy and still allows gun folk to keep their toys, I don’t see why that is such a hard compromise.

Sorry, that’s pure crazy. The 2nd amendment has been compromised to death already.

Here’s the discussion...

Govt: Hey pay for this permit that allows you to own guns you’re already permitted to buy and use, and also take this mandatory training!

People: lol GFY

Just makes me nervous that people have no business handling a fire arm can do so with zero training, or walk around casing a place and If the time is right rob it.. or people who will do it and pull it during a road rage etc or a basketball game.
Oh, poo-poo . . . why so nervous? Were you one of those people who likes to engage in forms of annoying public behavior? Afraid someone might "deal with you" now? Maybe you were not aware that the criminals were already hiding guns in them illegally. Maybe you are one of those, and are sad because you have lost an advantage.

Last edited:
why so nervous? Are you suddenly feeling less at liberty to engage in some form of annoying public behavior that

Oh, poo-poo . . . why so nervous? Were you one of those people who likes to engage in forms of annoying public behavior? Afraid someone might "deal with you" now? Maybe you were not aware that the criminals were already hiding guns in them illegally. Maybe you are one of those, and are sad because you have lost an advantage.
No way man I avoid confrontation with the best of them , people miss targets , bullets can go thru stuff and ricochet , all we are asking you to do is show proof you will be safe ffs. You don’t get a do over on a damn accidental gun shot.. what a childish response of you.

Law enforcement flatly hates a law that empowers citizens . . . to a man. What does that say? Something about the virtue of the law? Or something about the tyranny or law enforcement?
How are you less empowered by being required to take a class you still can conceal , the empowerment is the right to conceal just prove you know your damn basics on something that could accidentally kill anyone
This. Criminals/idiots are always going to be irresponsible.

My thought is you should have to pass an IQ test, go thru a thourogh background check, and prove that you’re mentally competent to buy a handgun. You should also have to go thru a safety and training program.

Also, if you’re found in possession of a gun and haven’t gone thru the process legally, the penalties should be very severe. 25 years in prison...no parole.

The bottom line is responsible people should possess guns and irresponsible people should not.
25 fine great what about the victim I swear to god if I ever get hurt by an accidental discharge I’m going to kill the perp and his entire family

How are you less empowered by being required to take a class you still can conceal , the empowerment is the right to conceal just prove you know your damn basics on something that could accidentally kill anyone

25 fine great what about the victim I swear to god if I ever get hurt by an accidental discharge I’m going to kill the perp and his entire family
I wouldn’t trust you with a firearm.

Reactions: mailman85
I wouldn’t trust you with a firearm.
i think you are over reacting because we are in such a contrast of ideologies nation wide and globally for that matter. , any attempt to make people safer will never be trusted because the government has disguised things up to sound good and do the opposite. I get that x10..... , I think you are blinded by the fact that all we are asking is that you show that you have taken a class to carry a freakin deadly weapon. A class

the empowerment is the right to conceal just prove you know your damn basics on something that could accidentally kill anyone

Some people are just doomed to live in fear. That is just how it is. Men who think vaginally, and believe they are owed a cure for every emotional crisis that wafts of it.

I’m one of the most pro gun people here but it’s time to look into making laws about safe keeping of the guns.

This is as much or more on the parents than the girl

Parents not charged after 4-year-old shoots his 6-year-old sister
DALLAS, Ga. — A 6-year-old girl from Paulding County is fighting to survive after her younger brother accidentally shot her in the driveway of their home.

Deputies said the children’s mother had loaded the girl and her 4-year-old brother into her four-door silver sedan when the car wouldn’t start. Police said she got out to see what was wrong and moments later, heard a gunshot.

“The little 4-year-old brother somehow acquired the gun that was in the vehicle and accidentally shot his 6-year-old sister in the head,” said Paulding County Sheriff's Sgt. Ashley Henson. “As you can imagine, the mom was frantic.”

The little girl remains in critical condition and, at this point, no charges have been filed against the mother.

RELATED: A young Paulding County girl was critically injured after she was accidentally shot by a 4-year-old boy

In cases like these, it is left up to law enforcement to determine whether the parents face charges if a child is shot with an unattended gun.

In 2016, 3-year-old Houston Cole shot and killed himself when he found his parents’ gun in their Paulding County home. In that case, no charges were filed. That same year, 18-month-old Noah was killed in McDonough, after police said a gun was left out. His parents, in that case, were also not charged with a crime.

An Atlanta couple, Sasiya Dixon and Gilbert Hardy, both faced several charges when their 3-year-old was accidentally shot in September of last year.

RELATED: Police believe friend accidentally shot teen in face at park

In December, Antonio Stephens was charged with reckless conduct and battery family violence when his 2-year-old son shot and killed his 6-year-old daughter.

“Sometimes, unfortunately, accidents do happen and bad things happen to good people,” Henson said.

Other factors are often considered before charges are filed – including whether or not the parent had a criminal history, which would make it illegal for them to own a gun.

MORE |

Woman was looking for weed in trash when boy accidentally shot, was in no rush to get help: Prosecutors

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...ounty/85-7af32f2f-6f03-4241-a090-93a45ea2fc52

Pretty close to home. Very sad situation. I think the gun was actually a Christmas or birthday gift to the oldest girl.

A day before the new KY permit-less conceal carry went in effect.

https://lex18.com/news/2019/06/30/man-accidentally-shoots-self-inside-of-powell-county-restaurant/

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) – Stanton Police are investigating an accidental shooting inside of a restaurant on Sunday afternoon.
Officers were called just after noon to the China Wok in Stanton.
Reportedly an elderly man had a semi-automatic pistol in his pocket that was not holstered.
Police say he went to adjust it or get something out of his pocket and the gun fired, striking him in the right leg.
Officers tell us the bullet went in and then out of his leg and they were able to locate it.
The man was taken to a local hospital.
He is not facing any charges, and police say with the new concealed carry law he wouldn’t have to have a license.
A Stanton Police spokesperson wanted to reiterate the need to utilize basic safety skills when handling a gun.

ab58443cab2fda4424ac868029d59e8e0f07198a0e220cae31ee0bd0e211274f.jpg

I don’t see why it’s so hard to compromise. You make gun owners take thorough background checks and have mandatory training for those who wish to carry. Hell, make all gun owners take training. But then you can have your guns. People against guns will see that gun advocates are willing to compromise and take the training and gun advocates will still get their guns. It’s not asking that much to make training mandatory.

I am someone who has been an advocate of allowing guns. I have a couple myself, just to learn how to use and I understand that others enjoy them for recreation. But some of these stories in the past decade have made it where I have to sympathize with the people against guns. So if making training mandatory and requiring permits makes people happy and still allows gun folk to keep their toys, I don’t see why that is such a hard compromise.
Because it won't stop there. The gun grabbing commies will never stop. You've got a Democrat presidential candidate threatening to nuke gun owners who refuse to turn in their guns. The left has gone so absolute batshit, the slippery slope won't stop until confiscation actually occurs. Requiring "permits" is just the first step on the road to eventual confiscation.

Eff. Them. Molon labe.

Last edited:
A day before the new KY permit-less conceal carry went in effect.

https://lex18.com/news/2019/06/30/man-accidentally-shoots-self-inside-of-powell-county-restaurant/

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) – Stanton Police are investigating an accidental shooting inside of a restaurant on Sunday afternoon.
Officers were called just after noon to the China Wok in Stanton.
Reportedly an elderly man had a semi-automatic pistol in his pocket that was not holstered.
Police say he went to adjust it or get something out of his pocket and the gun fired, striking him in the right leg.
Officers tell us the bullet went in and then out of his leg and they were able to locate it.
The man was taken to a local hospital.
He is not facing any charges, and police say with the new concealed carry law he wouldn’t have to have a license.
A Stanton Police spokesperson wanted to reiterate the need to utilize basic safety skills when handling a gun.

ab58443cab2fda4424ac868029d59e8e0f07198a0e220cae31ee0bd0e211274f.jpg
Why chambered would be my question?

Reactions: Free_Salato_Blue
Freedom isn’t free. Unfettered access to guns comes with consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT