ADVERTISEMENT

PGA and LIV agree to merge

Lots of questions still to be resolved in this but one thing for sure is that Monahan made sure to take care of himself.

He also took care of the tour. Players and such can bitch and whine all they want now, but it will be crickets when the purses increase even more.

I imagine when they Rory, Tiger and some of those guys who were loyal to the PGA found out about it on Twitter they felt like they had received a Stone Cold Stunner.
Monday Night Raw Sport GIF by WWE

Imagine starting a new golf league in efforts to help support the Tour only to find out the guy you thought had your back just buried it and told you about it after the deed was done.

Monahan went on national TV and said the guys going to LIV were betraying their country by taking Saudi money and now he does it himself. All the while not telling the people he was begging to stay loyal to him. Doesn’t matter your take on LIV, Monahan looks like a fool here.
The PGA players that didnt join LIV
Hideki passed up a reported 300 Million, lol. 75M for Ricky, etc. They said Tiger was somewhere around 800M and I'm sure Rory was over 500M. Those guys have to be pissed at the PGA for taking a dump on their loyalty. They should have known that you can't trust ANYBODY.
First rule of life, Follow the money.

The entire world right now: Man, that Jay guy at the Tour is a massive POS.

UKO: I wonder what color boxers Jay wears.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Rory: "When I try to remove myself from the situation and I look at the bigger picture, I think ultimately this is going to be good for the game of professional golf. It unifies it and secures its future."

There ya go....end of discussion. The critics can now choke on their crow.

*UKO is right...as usual. SMD bitches.

• Haha
Reactions: Get Bucket$
Pretty much agree this was about what is good for the PGA Tour inc, not for what is good for the game of golf. Those are two very different things as was stated on golf channel yesterday by tbe Irish guy

Reactions: catlanta33
Yeah, it's going great!

Rory McIlroy became involved in a foul-mouthed slanging match at a players meeting on Tuesday night as PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan attempted to justify the merger with LIV Golf.

McIlroy kept quiet until Grayson Murray, the world No 227, shouted for Monahan to resign, saying “we don’t trust you, Jay – you lied to our face”. McIlroy yelled back “just play better, Grayson”, but in a mutinous atmosphere the world No 3’s defence of Monahan apparently did not achieve unanimous approval.

Golf Channel first reported the exchange and another source has confirmed to Telegraph Sport that Murray responded by telling McIlroy to “f--- off”.

Shane Lowry, the 2019 Open champion, was another of the golfers who spoke up in the Toronto clubhouse – where the Canadian Open is due to start on Thursday. The meeting took place just a few hours after Monahan sat alongside Yasir Al-Rumayyan, governor of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, to announce the deal in a live TV interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/20...iv-golf-pga-tour-players-meeting-jay-monahan/

Hey BBdK....choke on this and don't ever question me until you can bring some substance to the discussion:

NUCLR GOLF

@NUCLRGOLF
·
7m

🚨
“I still hate LIV - I hope it goes away and fully expect that it does. This is the DP - PGA TOUR and PIF.” —Rory makes clear that it’s not a merger with LIV - it’s a deal partnership with the PIF.
@TrackingRory

Rory and Jack with very similar takes. They have to be getting paid and doesn't sound like they were left out. I'm guessing that's why Jack told Rory they need to speak after his Sunday Round.

Golfer turns down 300 million, invests into another venture, talks shit about LIV and suddenly has a change of heart.

It's weird how when everyone see the billions of dollars, they all suddenly can see an upside to this. It's magic!

Anyone really think Rory was going to trash his buddy Jay over this? In private maybe but for today he was very diplomatic.

Lmao. Nobody, at least not I, was arguing the players wouldn't make a shit ton of money.

You lack comprehension, and are completely unaware of your own hypocrisies. You've really convinced yourself LIV were the big losers in this? LMAOOOOO. You have the intelligence of a 10 year old. The PGA 'sold out' to the Saudis, the exact same thing you've been crying about the others doing for 2 years. 🤡

Jay is a POS, as are you, along with being a complete psychopath.

Anyone really think Rory was going to trash his buddy Jay over this? In private maybe but for today he was very diplomatic.

It would be asinine for him to go down with the ship when the Captain just jumped on the last life boat. Rory is thinking about the greenbacks now, as he should. The Tour vs LIV fight is over.

It would be asinine for him to go down with the ship when the Captain just jumped on the last life boat. Rory is thinking about the greenbacks now, as he should. The Tour vs LIV fight is over.
Hard to argue with this as well what can any of these guys do at this point?

Like Michael Collins said this morning, our own damn government sells 9 billion in weapons to the Saudi’s, but everybody wants to get mad at a few golfers for taking the money. Lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT