John Rahm to LIV

rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY

So much for his heart being with the PGA. 😆
Pro Wrestling Lol GIF by Ted DiBiase

Reactions: Tannerdad
Guess those shotgun starts he hates won’t matter when he cashes that Saudi check.

The PGA is a mess and getting worse. Makes me sad.

Reactions: bigbluedon
$300+M for three years is crazy money …. it’s absurd the amount money that the Saudi’s throw around

Sorry, but I lost a lot, and I do mean a LOT of respect for Rahm today. He may have been paid a lot of money, but he already had a lot of money and now his word means nothing. Just another guy whose God is money.

Good luck and enjoy yourself playing in front of LIV crowds where the tournaments ultimately mean nothing.

Hard to blame the guy. He was self aware enough to know he didn’t have the work ethic to stay at the top, so now he can just show up and collect.

Imagine being UKO & thinking Jay *aced* this whole deal.

Rahm leaving is irrelevant, LIV is toast, and the PGAT is literally better than ever, with any concerns labeled “clueless ignorance”. 😳🤣

Bc that’s his take. 500% his take. Has been, will be. Everything is the same as before. Anything else is just noise. Lol

Tried to tell y’all for YEARS, scary dude. 👀

Expect more of this. They'll be able to go get that guaranteed money while the new deal plays out and come back later.

Jay is the worst thing to happen to the PGA Tour. He managed to piss everyone off and accomplished zero.

His career winnings is $77MM if I saw that correctly and he got $300MM+ over 3 years. Dude got paid and anyone on here giving him crap would do the exact same thing. If not, you are dumbass and no one can help you

His career winnings is $77MM if I saw that correctly and he got $300MM+ over 3 years. Dude got paid and anyone on here giving him crap would do the exact same thing. If not, you are dumbass and no one can help you.
Except that he has said the exact opposite for more than a year now

"I don't play for money, I care about the history of the game, winning at Bay Hill and The Memorial just means something, blah,blah, blah". Well actually, turns he just wants more money. When your net worth is already 9 figures seems like you could afford to have some sincerity and integrity

At least Harold Varner and Graeme McDowell were honest enough to say it was totally about the money

Reactions: Tannerdad
Except that he has said the exact opposite for more than a year now

"I don't play for money, I care about the history of the game, winning at Bay Hill and The Memorial just means something, blah,blah, blah". Well actually, turns he just wants more money. When your net worth is already 9 figures seems like you could afford to have some sincerity and integrity

At least Harold Varner and Graeme McDowell were honest enough to say it was totally about the money
What do you expect him to say during the season? He finished his season out and I am sure there will be others if he is. I dont think he wanted to but $300MM is something you can't turn down, regardless of what you said previously.

I absolutely despise UofL and IU and have said that since I was born. With that being said, if they offered one of my kids $300MM to come play at their school, I will drive their ass there.

Reactions: H. Lecter
How Jay has not been fired yet is beyond me but the PGA is the ultimate good ole boy network. Do not blame Rahm or anyone else a bit for leaving. You offer me that kind of money to play less, spend more time with family, etc. I am taking that deal 100 out of 100 times. The PGA has already cracked by announcing a partnership with LIV. Guys like Rahm who were loyal to them have zero reason to believe anything else the PGA says now. Its just a matter of time before these guys are back playing in all majors, Ryder Cups, etc. and they got paid enough money to set them and their family for generations to come.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
How Jay has not been fired yet is beyond me but the PGA is the ultimate good ole boy network. Do not blame Rahm or anyone else a bit for leaving. You offer me that kind of money to play less, spend more time with family, etc. I am taking that deal 100 out of 100 times. The PGA has already cracked by announcing a partnership with LIV. Guys like Rahm who were loyal to them have zero reason to believe anything else the PGA says now. Its just a matter of time before these guys are back playing in all majors, Ryder Cups, etc. and they got paid enough money to set them and their family for generations to come.

Well, maybe, we will see. Meanwhile, reports I read a day or two ago say that the PGA has a lot of financial problems, the $20M purses are not sustainable, the Tour is pushing sponsors for a lot more money and is receiving major pushback, I heard locally they cannot find a sponsor for the Honda Classic, etc. In short, we may see the end of the PGA Tour at some point in the not too distant future. The Majors are separate and will continue, but who knows where that will leave the rest of professional golf.

Off topic, I still have yet to understand what the Saudis get out of all this. So they ruin the PGA Tour and end up with billions and billions sunk into LIV. Other than making Greg Norman happy, how does that advance the interests of Saudi Arabia?

Way OT, but the NIL/unlimited transfer portal and vast sums of money have about ruined college football for me, now LIV is trying to ruin the PGA Tour, seems like I will have a lot of free time in the next few years that I used to spend watching football and golf. :(

Well, maybe, we will see. Meanwhile, reports I read a day or two ago say that the PGA has a lot of financial problems, the $20M purses are not sustainable, the Tour is pushing sponsors for a lot more money and is receiving major pushback, I heard locally they cannot find a sponsor for the Honda Classic, etc. In short, we may see the end of the PGA Tour at some point in the not too distant future. The Majors are separate and will continue, but who knows where that will leave the rest of professional golf.

Off topic, I still have yet to understand what the Saudis get out of all this. So they ruin the PGA Tour and end up with billions and billions sunk into LIV. Other than making Greg Norman happy, how does that advance the interests of Saudi Arabia?

Way OT, but the NIL/unlimited transfer portal and vast sums of money have about ruined college football for me, now LIV is trying to ruin the PGA Tour, seems like I will have a lot of free time in the next few years that I used to spend watching football and golf. :(

They have TV money coming but there's a gap between where they are today financially and getting that money. They stopped their new building for PGA production at about 50% construction.

Reactions: Tskware
I will not give a BJ for $300 million. I have my principles and morals. Unless you actually give me $300 million then it’ll be the best BJ I can cause I take pride in my work

• Haha
Who cares if his bosses just go around willy nilly killing people they don't like? If they wouldn't have pissed off his bosses, they'd still be alive.

The PGA is a mess and getting worse. Makes me sad.

Couldn't be further from the truth and all evidence points to it being stronger than ever.,...better off financially than ever and more elevated money events next season.

Losing a few players to the dollar is hardly reason for the PGAT to take their ball and go home. It will actually make the tour stronger going forward, especially if Monahan gets control over each with the PIF deal they need to finalize.

• Haha
Reactions: B.B.d.K.

Once I found out Tom Cruise made millions off of the mission impossible movies I stopped watching, also drove my car into the river once I heard the CEO of the car company made a big bonus, this was after I threw away my Nintendo once I heard the chief engineer moved from Sega after receiving a lot more money.

Reactions: rudd1
Rahm leaving means nothing & the PGA Tour is actually better than ever! Got it! 🤣

What a psycho.

I wiped the floor with you on this topic earlier this year, so if you want to come back for more, then fine. I am up to it.

It's really going great when you are asking the tournaments to pony up more money!

PGA Tour Tournament Officials See Trouble Ahead As Costs Spiral​

Events will have to fund the Tour's higher purses in 2025; one tournament director told Sports Illustrated that sponsors are 'saying they won't do it.'

The PGA Tour finds itself in the throes of a harrowing time in its history, dealing with the realities of a rival that has driven the cost of business to levels that go beyond what it can handle.

And while the Tour is in the midst of negotiations with the DP World Tour, Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia as part of a framework agreement—as well as potential other private equity firms that could potentially invest billions in a new for-profit entity—the decades-old nonprofit PGA Tour Inc. is having to make some tough decisions about how to fund purses.

That’s because the money that comes into the new venture can’t go to the old one.
"They have made it clear that none of the money will flow to the tournaments," is how one tournament official, who wished not to be identified, described the situation.

That puts the Tour in the position of courting billions while skimping to pay millions.
All of this is being discussed this week at annual meetings involving PGA Tour tournaments in Palm Springs, Calif.

And tournaments are well aware of what is being asked: that starting in 2025, they contribute a bigger portion to PGA Tour purses than they currently do.

https://www.si.com/golf/news/pga-tour-tournament-officials-see-trouble-ahead-as-costs-spiral

Rahm leaving means nothing & the PGA Tour is actually better than ever! Got it! 🤣

What a psycho.

Yep. Hardly a blip on the radar.

Justin Rose puts future of PGA Tour in question amid Jon Rahm to LIV news​

Rahm is reportedly ditching the PGA Tour for LIV Golf and leaving a lot of uncertainty behind.

The balance of power in men’s professional golf may be shifting. Jon Rahm, the No. 3 ranked player in the world, is reportedly leaving the PGA Tour for LIV Golf.

Numerous sources have confirmed Rahm to have landed in New York City to finalize the deal.

His Ryder Cup teammate, Justin Rose, addressed the Rahm to LIV news Thursday ahead of the Grant Thornton Invitational in Naples, Florida.

Rose pointed to a serious problem facing the PGA Tour in the future.

“We’re all trying to evaluate PGA Tour versus LIV in the sense of the fan base and the economics around both tours, but he’s the delta. He moves the delta. He weakens one side and strengthens the other. So it’s a big move,” Rose said to Sports Illustrated.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2023/...liv-golf-pga-tour-future-question-justin-rose

It's really going great when you are asking the tournaments to pony up more money!

PGA Tour Tournament Officials See Trouble Ahead As Costs Spiral​

Events will have to fund the Tour's higher purses in 2025; one tournament director told Sports Illustrated that sponsors are 'saying they won't do it.'

The PGA Tour finds itself in the throes of a harrowing time in its history, dealing with the realities of a rival that has driven the cost of business to levels that go beyond what it can handle.

And while the Tour is in the midst of negotiations with the DP World Tour, Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia as part of a framework agreement—as well as potential other private equity firms that could potentially invest billions in a new for-profit entity—the decades-old nonprofit PGA Tour Inc. is having to make some tough decisions about how to fund purses.

That’s because the money that comes into the new venture can’t go to the old one.
"They have made it clear that none of the money will flow to the tournaments," is how one tournament official, who wished not to be identified, described the situation.

That puts the Tour in the position of courting billions while skimping to pay millions.
All of this is being discussed this week at annual meetings involving PGA Tour tournaments in Palm Springs, Calif.

And tournaments are well aware of what is being asked: that starting in 2025, they contribute a bigger portion to PGA Tour purses than they currently do.

https://www.si.com/golf/news/pga-tour-tournament-officials-see-trouble-ahead-as-costs-spiral
That's the article I read. There is a finite amount of money in this world. & CEOs are not stupid. They're not going to just pay 20 million dollars to sponsor a golf tournament without a return on that investment, which is iffy in my opinion.

Reactions: catlanta33
That's the article I read. There is a finite amount of money in this world. & CEOs are not stupid. They're not going to just pay 20 million dollars to sponsor a golf tournament without a return on that investment, which is iffy in my opinion.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul indicates a sound financial footing.

I wiped the floor with you on this topic earlier this year, so if you want to come back for more, then fine. I am up to it.

When you said LIV was toast & all the players would come crawling back? lol. Most definitely nailed it.

You are a psychopathic clueless buffoon, who hasn't wiped the floor with anyone, on any topic, ever. Especially this one, as you've been wrong at every turn. You're a gigantic loser piece of shit.

The money, sure, but it's a myth that he will play less and spend more time at home. He will now be forced to play 14 LIV events and assume he will also play the majors and Spanish Open. That's 19, and all over the world. He could get by with playing 15 on the PGA tour if he wanted to, all but one in the contiguous 48. He will undoubtedly be spending more time on the road now than he has.

The money, sure, but it's a myth that he will play less and spend more time at home. He will now be forced to play 14 LIV events and assume he will also play the majors and Spanish Open. That's 19, and all over the world. He could get by with playing 15 on the PGA tour if he wanted to, all but one in the contiguous 48. He will undoubtedly be spending more time on the road now than he has.
Of course, but never forget one of the primary rules of life:

When they say "It's not the money, it's the principle " It's the money . . .

FWIW, he got suspended by the PGA yesterday.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
21 PGA players, almost all are journeymen, hired a NYC law firm demanding the PGA grant access to the negotiations and answer some questions. Going to get more and more interesting.

Meanwhile, PGA revenues grew last year to $1.9 Billion. Had no idea the tour had that kind of revenue. I have have been told that the tour is still seeking sponsor for Honda Classic and the Barbasol here in Ky, and has tentatively agreed to pay for the prize money for one year so long as the club pays the operational expenses of the tournament, e.g., sells tickets, constructs the infrastructure, gets local sponsors and volunteers for various pieces of the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT