Terry Wilson
Tommy Stevens
Amani Gilmore
Nik Scalzo
Colby Langhi
Walker Wood

and with Beau coming in, in a year.

Reactions: TM2013 and Smashcat
Gonna be a tough sell, but Terry isn’t the toughest and we need a guy that can play.

If this happens, our QB room looks like;

Terry Wilson
Tommy Stevens
Amani Gilmore
Nik Scalzo
Colby Langhi
Walker Wood

and with Beau coming in, in a year.
Can’t say there’d be a shortage with that add,:)

I did a little research on Tommy Stevens. He is a 6’4 220# QB from Indy, a former 3 star. Stevens was Trace McSorley’s backup for 3 years and then lost the 2019 starting job to sophomore Sean Clifford in PN St’s recent spring drills.

In a May 3 interview, his dad said Stevens is leaving because he wants to be a starter. He has one season of eligibility left, so it’s hard to believe he will pick UK unless he changes his mind about being a starter. Some in the media think he may end up at MS St, where his former coordinator Joe Moorhead is now the head coach and the QB job is still open. Stevens has also visited Miami OH.

If Stoops could convince Stevens to come here and back up TW, that would be great since UK needs a backup QB with college experience. But it’s hard to see that happening unless Gran and Hinshaw aren’t completely sold on TW, which would be quite a surprise.

Be a good pick up. Checks off all the boxes. He has experience. We get to save the red shirt for Glimore and Scalzo. And he won't interfere with the recruitment of Allen.

Pass. I'll take Wilson and Gilmore. Wilson took damn near every snap last year and we are really undervaluing Gilmore. I'd like to keep his redshirt, but I'm cool with him starting in a pinch.

Be a good pick up. Checks off all the boxes. He has experience. We get to save the red shirt for Glimore and Scalzo. And he won't interfere with the recruitment of Allen.
They both can play in 5 games without losing there redshirt. That's 10 games between the both of em.

Terry is not going to be unseated as the starter. Gilmore and Scalzo are talented, but young.

While, in the near-term, it would be nice to have Stevens here for one season, in the long-term, it may cause more problems than it's worth.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Pass. I'll take Wilson and Gilmore. Wilson took damn near every snap last year and we are really undervaluing Gilmore. I'd like to keep his redshirt, but I'm cool with him starting in a pinch.
We just need to keep Wilson healthy enough that Gilmore can stay under the 4 game limit for keeping a redshirt. If it means playing Langhi for a series or two now and then if Wilson needs to sit to shake something off or get taped up.

Reactions: BlueRattie
The Penn State grad transfer is also visiting Miss State. The head coach at Miss State used to be his offensive coordinator and QB coach at Penn State. I didn't see their spring game but I've seen many of their fans complain about the passing offense. Right now they're looking to be a run heavy offense this year If they don't find a QB.

Last edited:
After looking at his stats and watching his limited college highlights, he looks more like a kid who should’ve probably moved to TE but is determined to be a QB.

Gilmore could play 4 games

Did he play in the Citrus Bowl when McSorley temporarily went out of the game with an injury ?

He sat the bowl game because of surgery. Was the Back up QB all year until the surgery before the bowl game and hadn't lost the competition yet but didn't want to wait until fall for the competition to play out with the chance of losing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT