ADVERTISEMENT

Past recruitments

Apr 23, 2024
Which recruitments in the past were the biggest disappointments for you after they decided to go elsewhere? I think for me the two that stick out most that I felt invested in were Zion and Shabazz.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Tracy McGrady for turning pro instead of coming to UK when it was NONE-AND-DONE.

Was a little before my time but man I can imagine the buzz with Sampson Bowie and Turpin must have been crazy exciting!

My biggest regret was Cal’s first year and Meeks went pro…. I had grand visions of what he would have done with that team 😳😳

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t remember the year but I think it was when Dakari left, the following year feeling like he was the missing piece. It could have been another center but dakari sounds right in my head. You are right though Meeks would have made that team beyond amazing.

Reactions: KT34
Wiggins by far. Seemed like he should have been a lock. Mo Bamba was another that seemed like a missing piece.
Mo Bamba for me. Calipari going to all the trouble taking Quade Green because he was going to help deliver his PSA Cardinals teammate....then Cal setting up the lunch with President Clinton in Harlem only for Bamba to choose Shaka Smart and Texas. Not just losing him but who they lost him to. Gross.

Wiggins was given signing bonus by Adidas and a signature shoe deal upon going to the NBA for choosing Kansas. Never forget the Twins saying "**** Andrew Wiggins" too. That was hilarious.

I never thought UK had Zion, but I sure as s*** didn't think he would join "the brotherhood".
Never felt UK was even remotely close to landing Zion after the Italy trip with Adidas where he said "Wherever Immanuel Quickley goes, is where I'm going" and then Zion was removed from that 19U roster that Cal had tryout for Team USA team. It was over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT