ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Overall look at where things stand

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
Antonio Reeves - As Travis first reported last night Reeves is enrolled at Illinois State. We have had three different sources confirm this since yesterday afternoon. This is important for two reasons. In my opinion if he was going to be at Kentucky he would be taking classes at Kentucky. Secondly, the only way he can transfer and play is to go through the portal as a grad transfer. We have been told he can do that this summer. The summer classes at another school aligns with the intention to enter the portal as a grad transfer. NIL was a big issue, but losing playing time to freshman may have figured in as well.

Jordan Burks - Travis spoke with a source who says Kentucky is in a good spot which is what I believe as well. I can't give an answer why he is committing next Monday instead of yesterday. Indiana is the main competition it seems. They have once spot left, and it appears they want to use it on Burks. Right now I would be surprised if he picks the Hoosiers over the Cats, but anything can happen in recruiting. They do have the biggest basketball NIL budget in the Big 10.

Joey Hart - He begins his official visit today. As I posted last night the less likely Reeves returns the more likely it is that Hart will be a Wildcat. Unless something changes I am under the assumption that if Kentucky pushes for a commitment they will get one. It may not be while he is on campus, but it shouldn't be too far afterwards.

Somto Cyril - Just to rehash from last night. The other competitors are Indiana and Providence (It seems like UK and IU are fighting over all of the same guys.) It is expected that Calipari will push for a commitment and a reclass during the visit. He has always wanted to play for Kentucky. Cyril is not academically qualified to reclass yet, but can do so in July if he works at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News